Saturday, January 4, 2020

If at First you don't succeed, try, try again (and again and again)

.


2020
New Year
The previous year ended with a constant weight increase
The fatter I got, the lesser I cared.
For the last half of the year I was afraid to step on the scale
Although any day is a good day to make a change, I waited until New Year's Day.
I was still over-eating on New Year's Eve.

New Day
New Year
New Decade

Time for a 're-boot' 

Weighed myself New Year's Day and I weighed 297.
Wasn't exactly shocking based on my belt loops, tight clothes and irksome mirrors.
Still it was shocking.

Wednesday, Thursday, Friday ----> returned to a normal diet of actual food.

Re-discovered salads, Panera Break, Jimmy John's Unwhich, health(ier) choices at Starbucks.

Weighed myself Saturday morning....   287.5 pounds

Now obviously I did not lose 9.5 pounds in three days. 
Oh hell, maybe I did.

Maybe my weight was wrong on New Years Day... although I did step on an off the scale about ten times to be sure.

Maybe by weight is wrong today, Saturday January 4th.  Again I did step on and off the scale about ten times to be sure.

No matter, positive re-inforcement helps... 

I expect to be in New York before too long, it would be good if I could trim up a bit before getting back home... And although this won't be the first time... A national Quilt Market takes place in Pittsburgh in May - I will make it a goal to look 'good'  

Getting real tired of looking bad.

I know the secret.... NO CHIPS, NO FRIES, NO CHOCOLATE, NO DOUGHNUTS (OR DONUTS)  NO ICE CREAM, NO MILK SHAKES, NO McDONALDS, NO M & M'S (plain or peanut)



.






..


No comments: