Tuesday, August 18, 2015

BODY TRUMPS MIND

~BODY TRUMPS MIND
DONALD TRUMP, 2016 PRESIDENTIAL CANDIDATE
~NO, NOT THIS TRUMP

trump
trəmp/

VERB: to supersede
In this election, it would seem issues of national security trumped economic issues.

~THIS TRUMP the one that means to supersede, to outdo

Each time I spend time on any cardio equipment, I never consciously try conclude with a specific final result.  I am always hopeful that I will improve  my performance over time.  I simply exert myself at a level that is vigorous and at a level that I think that I can maintain for the length of time that I have chosen. I am well aware that the calories that various workout machines display at the conclusion of the session are approximations at best, and often overstated. (perhaps wildly overstated) Nevertheless, the indicated results can be very useful for comparing workouts.  One can easily discover if one is improving strength and conditioning or going in the wrong direction.   I completed two workouts on Friday as my thinking was that there would not be time for a workout on Saturday. I did return early enough on Saturday night after spending all day at Starved Rock State Park and headed back to the elliptical machine. This resulted in an anemic performance, my legs really were tired.  My recovery from 'tired legs' was not completed on Sunday as I failed to hurdle over 2000 calories.  Finally on Monday, my normal strength returned and my workot resulted in a more normal result - significantly north of 2000 calories.  Whether or not this number is accurate or not is not the issue.   It is clear that my body needed time to 'recover.'  Although my mind commanded my legs to move, My mind could not trump the exhaustion in my legs.  After a double workout on Friday and an extremely active day on Saturday followed by a late-night  Saturday workout - my body was not in the condition to perform in ways that I was more accustomed to. The body will always trump the mind in this area.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 

Aug 14 @ 6:00AM elliptical machine 92 minutes, manual, level 20               2071 calories
Aug 14 @ 9:00PM  elliptical machine 92 minutes, manual, level 20              2125 calories

On August 14th, I completed two workout sessions thinking that I might not have the chance to squeeze in a workout on Saturday which was spent at Starved Rock State Park.   After spending all day outdoors on Saturday, August 15th I did arrive home and worked out again.  My caloric output declined to 1812 calories.

Aug 15 @ 9:30PM elliptical machine 92 minutes, manual, level 20              1812 calories
Aug 16 @ 11:00AM elliptical machine 92 minutes, manual, level 20            1912 calories

On Monday morning...the caloric burn of my workout session returned to normal. My result was high normal, although not quite a personal record.

Aug 17 @ 9:00AM elliptical machine 92 minutes, manual, level 20             2264



~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~  

 Tuesday MENU

breakfast   steel cut oatmeal, raisins                                                     420 calories
lunch         Manhattan Clam Chowder, soybeans roasted                     330 calories
dinner       Mariano's salad, red delicious apple, pears, granola bar    1355 calories

total calories consumed 2105 calories

calories burned

elliptical machine 92 minutes, level 20                      2264 calories


CALORIES BURNED 2268 CALORIES

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~  

Tuesday net calories negative 159 calories

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 











No comments: