Tuesday, August 4, 2015

LESS THAN 60 DAYS TO GO

Nearly six months ago in April I agreed to be part of a group of six guys who are planning a hike up (and down) Half-Dome in Yosemite Park on October 1st.  Back then in April, the October trip seemed far, far away.  This is no longer the case.  There are less than 60 days left before I board an airplane and fly to San Francisco to meet 5 other guys for this hike.

I checked my blog on the date in April when I agreed to this.  Back in April I was using the elliptical machine about 30 minutes per day and 'burning' less than 500 calories.   These days, I work out on elliptical machines for either 90 or 120 minutes and I am apprarently 'burning' in 2000 calories per session.   What is indisputable is that I have greatly increased my endurance and the power in my legs.  (I certainly hope that this is the case - and not my imagination.)

On Sunday, I purchased one of the last things that I wanted to buy for the hike.  I purchased two pair of socks for the hike.  The socks are supposed to 'wick away' the sweat in my feet.  (so said the helpful person at REI)

The very last thing (that I know) that I need are the gloves for 'climbing the cables' on the way to the summit.

This trip is getting a bit more real as the date approaches.   I think I should consider some more sessions on the stairmaster again.  That might have to wait until I return to my hometown YMCA as these machines frequently not part of the cardio equipment in the fitness rooms around the country.

Time to get (more) serious!


~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 
 Monday MENU
breakfast   three poached eggs, center cut bacon, oatmeal                         550 calories
lunch         figs, mango, papaya, corn snack, granola, almonds                1235 calories
dinner        Ak-Mak Sesame Crackers, Subway Double Chicken Salad    660 calories
    
total calories consumed 2446 calories

calories burned
HOME STAR TRAC ELLIPTICAL 90 minutes, level 20                    2143 calories

CALORIES BURNED 2143 CALORIES
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~  

Monday net calories 303 calories
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 

No comments: