Wednesday, August 5, 2015

NEW YMCA - TRAVERSE CITY, MICHIGAN

I cannot say with complete certainty that the YMCA that I visited yesterday in Traverse City, Michigan was the newest in the country - but it surely is one of the newest.   Their grand opening was September 22, 2014 (less than one year ago)   In contrast, my hometown Chicago YMCA had their dedication on October 7, 1928!   The facility in Traverse City is absolutely beautiful.

I drove from Chicago to this general area of Michigan on Monday.  Still, I was one hour away from my first appointment on Tuesday which was just 3 miles away from the Traverse City YMCA.  I left my Cadillac, Michigan hotel at 4:45AM and drove one hour and arrived at the 'Y' at 5:45AM.  It was still quite dark.   In fact, the logo atop the building looked very interesting at that pre-dawn hour - it looked like a lunar eclipse.


I took a wider shot of the logo and the building when I left the building at 8:00AM.


This YMCA did have a stairmaster.  I spent 30 minutes on this machine and 'climbed' 133 floors which 'burned' just 300 calories.  After that, I used a different brand of elliptical machine for an hour and I am sure that that machine overstated the calories burned as it registered 2440 calories!  I am self-reporting a calorie burn of 1220 calories which seems much more reasonable.


~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~  
 Tuesday MENU

breakfast  Raisin Bran, no milk                                                        570 calories
lunch        Wasabi Peas, Granola, Date Pieces, apples                     974 calories
dinner      Corn Thins                                                                        575 calories
SNACK   KALE KRUNCH, toasted coconut chips                         444 calories

total calories consumed 2563 calories

calories burned

STAIRMASTER  30 MINUTES, 133 FLOORS                             300 CALORIES
OCTANE FITNESS ELLIPTICAL MACHINE 60 MINUTES    1220 CALORIES


CALORIES BURNED 1520 CALORIES
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~  

Tuesday net calories 1043 calories
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 

No comments: