Saturday, August 15, 2015

BARUCH HASHEM - THANK GOD!

BARUCH HASHEM! 

I don't normally trot out Hebrew expressions.  The reason for this is although I am Jewish - I don't know that many Hebrew expressions.  Today, I will proudly proclaim: BARUCH HASHEM!  (This can be translated at Blessed be God, or Thank God!)

My four month relationship with my gastroenterologist is coming to an end.  I was referred to a gastroenterologist in May when my doctor discovered anemia in an otherwise unremarkable blood test.  Although I was asymptomatic - protocol apparently 'demanded' that the source be found. The source was in fact not found.

I was subjected to a colonoscopy.   No source of blood loss located.
I was subjected to an endoscopy.    No source of blood loss located.
I was subjected to a capsule endoscopy.  No source of blood loss located.
I was subjected to a full body cat scan.  No source of blood loss located.
My stool sample was subjected to a full investigation.  No source of blood loss located.

During the four months that this was going on my iron levels have returned to normal - although even now - by blood count - hemoglobin is a little low.  My current official diagnosis normocytic anemia. And it seems possible that my hemoglobin count will also return to normal as that seems to be the current trend.

The real verdict from the gastroenterologist after all of this.  I am fine.

Now listen, I don't want to complain.   Four months ago, when I got the phone call from my doctor urging me to quickly see a gastroenterologist - I was convinced that my death was imminent from some horrible disease or body malfunction.

I am fine.

Baruch Hashem (Hebrew)

BARUCH HASHEM!  THANK GOD!
(...in a side note to the Almighty: Might there have been another way of me finding out that my health was good without spending thousands of dollars before my insurance deductible was activated, or am I being an ungrateful malcontent by asking the question?)


~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

226.3 lbs

I weigh 226.3 lbs.
I gained 0.5 lbs this week
I have lost 82.7 lbs in 234 days. Today begins Day 235.
I will always be at the beginning of a journey that never ends.
I weigh 226.3 lbs. (234 days ago I weighed 309 lbs)
I have lost 26.8% of my weight since Dec 24.
I have a BMI, body mass index of 30.27 
I had a 42.0 BMI on Dec 24 just 234 days ago (Class III obesity)

I have two words of advice for myself today: REVERSE COURSE


~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~  

 FRIDAY MENU

breakfast    oatmeal, center cut bacon, corn thins                                   669 calories
lunch          spinach salad, crisp bread, dried papaya, pink lady apple 1034 calories 
dinner         pink lady apples, wasabi peas, corn, kahuna crunch           765 calories
SNACK     ginger chews                                                                         160 calories
total calories consumed 2628 calories

calories burned
6AM HOME ELLIPTICAL 92 MINUTES, MANUAL SETTING, LEVEL '20'  2071 CALORIES
since I was not sure I would have time for a workout on Saturday - I worked out twice on Friday
9PM  HOME ELLIPTICAL 92 MINUTES, MANUAL SETTING, LEVEL '20' 2125 CALORIES

TOTAL CALORIES BURNED 4196 CALORIES


Friday net calories NEGATIVE 1568 calories

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 



No comments: