Wednesday, August 26, 2015

THREE HOUR WORKOUT

Intellectually I know that one cannot 'erase' the calories of over-eating with the calories 'burned' by over-exercising.  Nevertheless, I do take great pride in the commitment that I have made to my exercise regiment over the past few months.  My hike up Half Dome (Yosemite National Park) with my brother and four other guys is now just about one month away.  I continue to believe that I am in the best physical shape of my life.

Yesterday, I visited a new YMCA in North Royalton, Ohio that opened about 3 years ago.  I hopped onto a PRECOR EFX ELLIPTICAL machine.  This is the same machine that I use at my hometown 'Y' in Chicago. At my Chicago 'Y' I often spend two hours on this machine.   In North Royalton, the machine would not let me set the time past 90 minutes.  I decided to complete two workouts - each 90 minutes.  This meant that my workout was Three Hours. 

I personally found it interesting that my second workout was more effective than the first workout.  This is counter-intuitive as one would think that I would have been more physically spent.  It appears that the first workout serves to get me limbered up a bit.  I will admit that when I stepped off the machine after two consecutive 90 minute workouts - I was exhausted.  It was an exhaustion that felt good.  After working out, I checked into my hotel and made use of the hot tub in the pool area which I thoroughly enjoyed.

I do not aspire to have three hour workouts on a regular basis.  I am just pleased that I was physically able to do it.  A three hour workout would have been unimaginable just a few months ago.  Last year, I don't think that I could have lasted 10 minutes on an elliptical machine with these settings.


~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~  
 Tuesday MENU

breakfast  oatmeal                                                                                  390 calories
lunch        Pumpkin flatbreads, Salad Bar                                            1200 calories
dinner       Pumpkin flatbreads                                                                800 calories
SNACK   ginger, radiant raspberry granola, papaya, dates, wasabi      897 calories

total calories consumed 3287 calories

calories burned

#1 PRECOR EFX elliptical machine, 4:3 INTEVAL, level 20, 95 minutes                       1106
#2 PRECOR EFX elliptical machine, 4:3 INTEVAL, level 20, 95 minutes                       1226

CALORIES BURNED 2332 CALORIES
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~  

Tuesday net calories  955 calories


~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 


WORKOUT #1

WORKOUT #2



1 comment:

shoom said...

Spongebob is actually saying "imagination"

don't ask why I know that