Thursday, August 27, 2015

BACK TO THE STAIRMASTER

After my three hour workout on Tuesday, I didn't have much 'gas' for my workout on Wednesday.   I found myself back in Fort Wayne, Indiana where I know that the YMCA there has a stairmaster.  I did figure that it might be a good time to do something a bit different after a few consecutive weeks pounding the elliptical machine.


I managed to spend one hour on the stairmaster and the calories burned that the machine reported were only 629.  I feel that this is a low estimate.  I was drenched in sweat after just one hour and although it sometimes seems like I can take my strides on an elliptical machine in my sleep - the stairmaster requires full concentration or else you can actually fall of the neverending stairs.   When the workout was complete, the machine recorded that I had 'climbed' 234 floors.  I like to remind myself that I used to be unbelievably out-of-breath climbing the twelve flights of stairs to my apartment that few times that I tried to skip the elevator.

I am going to carefully monitor my workouts as the trek up Half Dome (Yosemite) is no longer in the far distant future.   My flight to California to rendezvous with the members of the 'expedition' is just a little more than one month away.  My time on the stairmaster assured me that my legs were capable of moving and gaining altitude.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~  

 Wednesday MENU

breakfast   oatmeal                                                                          450 calories
lunch         Panera BBQ chicken flatbread, onion soup, baguette
                  apple, oat n' honey granola bar                                     1081 calories
dinner       spinach salad                                                                   750 calories
SNACKS  vegetable chips, banana chips, almonds                        1108 calories

total calories consumed 3389 calories

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 

Fort Wayne YMCA Stairmaster 60 minutes, 234 floors  629 calories

Wednesday net calories 2760 calories

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 



No comments: