Monday, August 24, 2015

BICYCLE RACE

BICYCLE RACE is a weird, fun and terrific song from QUEEN originally released in 1978, on their album, Jazz.  The lyrics start like this:

Bicycle bicycle bicycle
I want to ride my bicycle
I want to ride my bike
I want to ride my bicycle
I want to ride it where I like

Yesterday, I 'rescued' by bicycle from 'mothballs' where it was being kept in the bike room in the garage of my building.  I have not used my bicycle in more than 3 years.  Our family is going to be part of the Chicago 'Critical Mass' bike ride this Friday - so it was time to see if my bike was in working order.  After dusting if off a bit and pumping some air into the tires I was back on the roads again.  I don't think that I actually forgot how much fun bike riding can be.  It was NOT fun when I was 300+ pounds.  It WAS fun yesterday.  I think I am going to be biking around town much more these days.  What a great way to get to my local YMCA - rather than driving the car.  Yep, I am a bike rider again!

My set of wheels: DIAMONDBACK 
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~  
 Sunday MENU
breakfast  steel cup oatmeal, rice cakes                                               545 calories
lunch       spinach, hearts palm, clam chowder, kale crunch                626 calories
dinner      spinach, hearts palm, chowder, salmon fillet, rice cakes     851 calories  
SNACK   mango, wasabi peas, granola, kahuna trail mix                  770 calories

total calories consumed 2792 calories

calories burned
elliptical machine 92 minutes, manual, level 20              2191 calories


CALORIES BURNED 2191 CALORIES
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~  

Saturday net calories 601 calories
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 


QUEEN - 'SIMPSONS' STYLE




No comments: