Thursday, June 4, 2015

STAIRWAY TO FITNESS HEAVEN

Stairway to fitness heaven

Once used by tobogganers, Swallow Cliff steps provide a tough but rewarding workout


I just made an appointment to visit one of my customers in Lockport, Illinois next week.  Before ending the conversation I was asked about my exercise routine.  I let my customer know that I am in training to hike Half Dome in October and that I have been climbing stairwells in tall buildings.  I was told of an outdoor set of stairs at a no-longer-functioning toboggan run at a Forrest Preserve Park in Palos Hills, Illinois.  Apparently this incline is 'only' 125 steps. The stone steps are not exactly all the same height (which allegedly makes this just a bit more challenging.) The folks that come to exercise here, will go up and down multiple times.  I  will consider exploring this either before or after my June 11th appointment in Lockport.




On Wednesday afternoon, I wrapped up my 'show' schedule (for a while.)   I packed my bags and left Shipshewana, Indiana and returned to Chicago.  Once  I returned, after a short break, I used the fitness room in my building for my daily workout.  I am slightly amazed that I managed to NOT miss a day while I have been criss-crossing the country the past week or so.  My healthy eating has suffered a bit, at least my workout regiment survived.   I have been telling myself for the past few days that I need to return to a caloric consumption much closer to 1000 calories/day than 2000/calories per day to reverse the direction of my weight in recent days.  TODAY,  THURSDAY SEEMS LIKE A GOOD TIME AND PLACE TO START (AGAIN.)

WEDNESDAY MENU

breakfast   three apples, oatmeal, three sausage patties                                  910 calories
lunch         deli roast beef slices, deli turkey slices, deli ham slices
                  tomato, three apples, deli slice swiss cheese                                 665 calories
dinner       Turkey & Cheddar Lunchables, two pears                                     464 calories

total calories consumed 2039 calories

calories burned
stair climbing from ground level to 25th floor          80 calories  (4 MINUTES, 7 SECONDS)
8:00PM elliptical machine             32 minutes        507 calories
stair descending from 25th floor to ground floor       20 calories  (2 MINUTES, 55 SECONDS)

total calories burned 607 calories

MONDAY NET CALORIES   1432 CALORIES



No comments: