Thursday, June 25, 2015

SNAP DECISION

Yesterday, I had to go back to my local APPLE STORE to pick up my MacBook Air which was starting to experience random shutdowns (and was not always so quick to start up again)  I should thank my computer for breaking down just two weeks BEFORE my 2-year warranty period was due to end.  It turns out that the LOGIC BOARD needed to be replaced.   I parked my car about two blocks from the store and passed a new business that I had never noticed before: SNAP KITCHEN.


This place looked interesting, so I made a SNAP DECISION to investigate.  This business is a Texas-based chain that has just entered the Chicago market.  They prepare foods daily that are both healthy and low calorie.

This is from the snapkitchen.com website:
About Us
Food you can feel good about.
Since 2010, we have worked hard to create a place for people to experience consciously crafted food that is both delicious and nutritious. We are dedicated to educating our guests and providing healthy, chef-driven creations prepared with the highest quality ingredients available. Our menu offers a wide selection of meals, snacks, and cold-pressed juices that are made fresh daily, portion controlled, and nutritionally balanced.  

The woman who approached me to offer guidance and answer my questions recommended that I try their most popular menu item.  So I did.

SNAP KITCHEN: Grass-fed BISON Quinoa "Hash" (400 CALORIES)
SNAP KITCHEN currently has locations in Texas and now Chicagoland (Illinois)  I am sure that I will be visiting again!   The food was very tasty


~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~  
 WEDNESDAY MENU
breakfast  Nori seaweed rice crackers, oats 'n honey granola bars                           710 calories
lunch        oat 'n honey granola bars                                                                          380 calories
dinner       SNAP KITCHEN bison, wasabi seaweed                                                780 calories
SNACK   WHOLE FOODS mango slices, 2 apples, coconut almond granola        540 calories


TOTAL CALORIES CONSUMED   2410 CALORIES

calories burned

8:00AM  PROCOR EFX elliptical machine   65 MINUTES, 
                MACHINE SET TO MAXIMUM INCLINE, MAXIMUM RESISTANCE    826 calories
                                                                          

WEDNESDAY net calories  calories 1584 calories
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

No comments: