Wednesday, June 17, 2015

FALL OFF THE WAGON

My rituals were ripped apart on Monday.  I ate too much.  Then I compounded that failure as I  did NOT work out.  In short, it was a day I would like to forget.  But, hey, I am human.  I guess I fell off the wagon.

fall off the wagon

1. in. to resume drinking after having stopped. (The wagon is presumed to be the water wagon.) It looks to me like he wanted nothing more than to fall off the wagon.
2. in. to resume any previously stopped behavior including smoking, drug use, overeating, or any other disavowed behavior. He’s back to watching TV again. Fell off the wagon I guess.

MONDAY: I fell off the wagon
TUESDAY: I GOT RIGHT BACK ON IT

So, what does one do when one falls off the wagon?  The same thing one does when one falls off the horse.   YOU GET BACK ON.

On Tuesday, I resumed a more normal day of eating.  I resumed my daily workout.  Tuesday started at 6AM with a trip to a local YMCA in Chillicothe, Ohio.  I was looking to try a STAIRMASTER.  This YMCA did not have such a machine - but they did have the same machine which afforded me such vigorous workouts a few weeks ago when I was staying at a Columbus, Ohio Hilton Hotel - PRECOR ADAPTIVE MOTION TRAINER.  (PRECOR AMT)   This machine appears to be something that is neither elliptical nor stairmaster - but some kind of hybrid of the two.

So, the good news is... I am back on the wagon.



~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 
 TUESDAY MENU
breakfast   apples/cinnamon instant oatmeal                               520 calories
lunch         SUBWAY double chicken spinach salad, 3 apples    460 calories
dinner       KROGER GROCERY STORE spinach salad            500 calories

calories consumed 1480 calories

calories burned
6AM YMCA PROCOR AMT 35 MINUTES   645 CALORIES

TUESDAY NET CALORIES 835 CALORIES
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 




MORE WISDOM FROM "THE MOST INTERESTING MAN IN THE WORLD"


and one more thought from "THE MOST INTERESTING MAN IN THE WORLD"





2 comments:

shoom said...

Jerry: Oh, wait a second, I believe we have a heckler ladies and gentlemen. Hey Dick I don't know what your problem is. It's not my fault you're back on the wagon.

Dick: It's off the wagon.

Jerry: In the old days how do you think they got the alcohol from town to town?

Dick: I don't know.

Jerry: On the wagon. Don't you think they broke into a couple of those bottles along the way?

Dick: You can't drink on a wagon it would be too bumpy.

Jerry: They had smooth trails. What about the Cumberland Gap?

Dick: What the hell do you know about wagons?

Jerry: I know enough not to get on them.

Marc Jacobs said...

Hello Jack! It is scary how alike we think. It is because I DID REMEMBER this bit of dialog from 'SEINFELD' that I was careful to look up the definition of 'fall off the wagon' just to make sure that I got it right!