Tuesday, June 23, 2015

STATISTICAL, ANALYTICAL DISCUSSION of the ELLIPTICAL

On Sunday I had an extremely vigorous workout on the ELLIPTICAL machine, having MOVED THE DIAL all the way to LEVEL '20' and logging a 760 calorie burn in just 32 minutes.   I was personally impressed with this new achievement.   I was not sure if I could do it again.   That lack of confidence was put to rest early yesterday morning.   At 7:00AM I took the elevator up to the fitness room and once again set the dial to MAXIMUM, set the time to 30 minutes (this machine is calibrated to offer a two minute cool down - which I negate by turning the dial back up to MAXIMUM for the final two minutes) and tested myself.   My success on Sunday was no fluke, I was able to duplicate the result yesterday morning.   Which got me to thinking....

I write this blog under the idea, or perhaps illusion that there are others out there who are at least mildly interested and/or amused by my daily thoughts.   The biggest fan of this blog is actually me.  I have often gone back to read something I wrote to remember precisely what I was thinking as pounds were initially melting off.   After yesterday's workout I was curious about my first time on the ELLIPTICAL.   I found the posting I was searching for (it was not too difficult - I cleverly titled that February 1st post: ELLIPTICAL) and read about the first time I made the switch from TREADMILL to ELLIPTICAL.    On that day in February I had what I thought was a VIGOROUS WORKOUT ON THE ELLIPTICAL MACHINE.  I had set the machine to my then current weight of 272 lbs and set the "resistance" to "10" and lasted precisely 30 minutes.   AT THE TIME I WAS VERY PLEASED WITH MYSELF.  I had 'graduated' from the simplicity of simply treadmill walking to a much more interesting exercise.   MY CALORIE BURN THAT DAY WAS 322.   I could not have imagined that within 4 months I would be spending the SAME 30 MINUTES on the SAME MACHINE with a vastly different result.  Now I can set the dial to MAXIMUM, set the time to 30 minutes, enter my current weight of 220 lbs and log a 760 calorie burn.  That is truly progress!

When I turn the dial to MAXIMUM ON THE ELLIPTICAL there is a part of me that feels like Scotty being asked to give more power to the warp engines


~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~  
 Monday MENU
breakfast  DUNKIN' DONUTS EGG/HAM/CHEESE, 2 apples.             350 calories
lunch        MARIANO'S HUGE SALAD, GINGER CHEWS.                  857 calories
dinner       PANERA BREAD SOBA NOODLE, BEEF STEAK JUMBO 690 calories
SNACK    3 apples, 2 NATURE VALLEY OATS 'n HONEY BARS.       644 calories



TOTAL CALORIES CONSUMED  2541 CALORIES



calories burned

7AM elliptical 32 minutes LEVEL 20                                   762 calories

SUNDAY net calories  calories 1779 calories
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~









No comments: