Monday, June 22, 2015

RESISTANCE IS FUTILE

In STAR TREK, The BORG never tire of advising the crew of the USS ENTERPRISE that RESISTANCE IS FUTILE.  Unfortunately for The BORG saying it over and over again does not make it true.  The good guys always resist and they always defeat The BORG.


RESISTANCE is certainly NOT FUTILE when stepping onto a piece of exercise equipment.   After my marathon 124 minute session on the STAIRMASTER on Saturday I thought that a modest 32 minute session on an elliptical machine would be perfect.  I set the 'RESISTANCE' to maximum, that is 'level 20.'    I needed to work harder than ever before on the elliptical - but when my 32 minutes were completed, it was very clear that my efforts paid off.   The machine recorded a caloric burn of 760.   That is quite a high number for a mere 32 minute workout.  I could barely have imagined completing 32 minutes at LEVEL 20, a couple of months ago. (or even 10 minutes)

RESISTANCE IS DEFINITELY NOT FUTILE.




~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~  
 SUNDAY MENU
breakfast    Starbucks Turkey/Bacon, 3 apples, KIND bar                  660 calories
lunch          Kind Bar (2), 4 apples  (BEACH FOOD)                         760 caloriesdinner         Jimmy Johns #14 UNWICH, Kind Bar, cucumber salad   490 calories
TOTAL CALORIES CONSUMED  1910 CALORIES



calories burned


7AM elliptical 32 minutes LEVEL 20                                   760 calories

SUNDAY net calories  calories 1150 calories

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

...I simply couldn't RESIST adding this...




No comments: