Monday, June 1, 2015

OFF THE TRACKS

OFF THE TRACKS.  DERAILED.  That's me.  Eating far too much. Perhaps drinking a bit too much.  Surely eating too many bar snacks while drinking. Losing track of what I have eaten, not recording EVERYthing I have eaten. Gaining weight. NOT GOOD.  Still have not had to loosen my belt another notch - THAT'S GOOD. So although the scale had indicated some weight gain in recent weeks - I am getting more toned as the weeks and months have slipped by.  THAT'S ALSO GOOD.

Recently my lifestyle changes have been a bit OFF THE TRACKS
There is no particular reason to get too angry, upset or disappointed about having a setback.  Getting angry would simply be unproductive. In fact, I am going to concentrate on reminding myself what I have been doing right.  Still I have not missed a day of exercise since early January.  It certainly can be said that I have successfully integrated a workout into my daily routine.

I have just returned home from my second national trade show in as many weeks.  Starting today,  I will return to a very calculated, very specific home-prepared meals and get my body back in weight shedding mode.  OK, that's the plan.

Regarding daily exercise... The rational part of my mind advises me that I SHOULD skip a day or two of exercise in order to allow my body to heal as I continue to strengthen my muscles.  I am not guided by rationality (probably nothing to brag about)  I am currently in the mode where I am still trying to prove to myself that daily exercise is important and must be done...every day.  I know that I have an 'addictive' personality - I want to remain addicted to exercise (I do not want to be lured by becoming addicted to days off)  As I said, this is not completely rational. Imagine that, a human being  not behaving in a completely rational way. Like everyone else, I am doing my best. There will ALWAYS be room for improvement with my lifestyle.

SUNDAY MENU

breakfast   oat meal, granola, eggs, bacon, fresh fruit bowl                                 1617 calories
lunch         two bananas, two apples                                                                       430 calories
dinner       (eaten while driving back from Columbus to Chicago) Rice Cakes     490 caloires

Sunday calorie consumption    2537 calories

calories burned
Hilton AMT elliptical (2:30 AM - after Saturday night Rolling Stones concert)    725 calories

SUNDAY NET CALORIES    1812 calories

No comments: