Sunday, May 31, 2015

WELCOME TO COLUMBUS, ROLLING STONES

Yesterday, Saturday, May 30th, the city of Columbus (OHIO) welcomed THE ROLLING STONES.  The Rolling Stones played in front of approximately 60,000 fans at the Ohio Stadium on the Ohio State Campus.  I was already in Columbus for the TNNA (The National Needlework Association) trade show.  I was staying at the Hilton Hotel across the street from the convention center.  Apparently, so were The Rolling Stones.  I did briefly meet their keyboardist, Chuck Leavell, which I mentioned yesterday.  I have known about this confluence of events since the day that the tour was announced in late March.  I would have had no problem going to the show alone, but I was sure that I would enjoy the evening more if I could convince my boss, my colleague, my friend at the button company to go to the show as well.  When I told him about the fact that The Rolling Stones would be in town on Saturday night when we were in Columbus he was, I think these words will work....uncurious, uninterested, unresponsive and unconcerned.  No problem, I AM a salesman.  I figured that he would go.  And I figured that if he went that he would enjoy himself.  Right and Right.  We took along another friend from the industry and the three of us made the taxi ride from downtown Columbus to the venue.  It did not take long before we found an honest ticket re-seller and we more-or-less paid face value for tickets which were about middle distance away from the stage, considering how far away one really can be at a football stadium-sized rock show.   Everyone had a good time.  Yes, I know....Shocking.



SATURDAY MENU

breakfast oat meal, eggs, bacon, granola, fruit cup                                         calories 1396 calories
lunch      two apples  (trade show)                                                                  calories   190 calories
dinner     MONGOLIAN GRILL, scallops, calamari, shrimp, salmon           calories  770 calories
snack      COORS Light (at Concert)  three Glenlivet's on the rocks              calories  550 calories

caloric consumption  2907 calories

CALORIES BURNED

Here is more proof that I am a nut. I knew that I would not have time between the end of the trade show and going to dinner early and getting to the Stadium to secure The Rolling Sones tickets.  I knew that I would not have time to exercise after the concert. I was out 'drinking' until around 1:30AM late Friday (early Saturday morning) and I knew that I would not want to get up early and exercise.

WHAT TO DO?  (small aside, 'What to do' is the name of an early 1960's Rolling Stones song)
The solution to my dilemma was easy.  I spent 35 minutes on the elliptical machine at 1:30AM in the morning BEFORE RETIRING FOR THE EVENING.  Surprisingly, the fitness room was uncrowded.

1:30 AM Saturday Morning - after a night of 'drinking' - This was a fairly productive workout!

1:30AM Hilton Hotel AMT elliptical machine 35 minutes                             645 calories

SATURDAY NET CALORIES 2262 CALORIES











The set list

  1. Jumping Jack Flash
  2. It's Only Rock'n Roll
  3. Let's Spend The Night Together
  4. Tumbling Dice
  5. Doom & Gloom
  6. Bitch
  7. Wild Horses
  8. Paint It Black
  9. Honky Tonk Women
    --- Band introductions
  10. Before They Make Me Run (Keith Richards)
  11. Happy (Keith Richards)
  12. Midnight Rambler
  13. Miss You
  14. Gimme Shelter
  15. Start Me Up
  16. Sympathy For The Devil
  17. Brown Sugar
    --- ENCORE
  18. You Can't Always Get What You Want (with choir)
  19. Satisfaction



Show start :  9:30pm
Show end   : 11:38pm





~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

AND ONE MORE THING....

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~




Yesterday morning, I received an email from my Mom.
My Mom, whom I love dearly reads my blog each day.  
My Mom commented that calories aside, perhaps I should not be
drinking so much alcohol.
I have this to say.  THANK GOODNESS, THANK GOD...
...I was  not blogging back in the days when I was a university student!
Enough said.  See you tomorrow!

2 comments:

OldTownGal said...

As a Mom myself, I know yours is SO proud of you. She did a great job raising you. Hugssss to her!

Marc Jacobs said...

Hello OldTownGal.... My Mom IS proud of me.... and I am VERY PROUD of her!