Thursday, May 7, 2015

CHICAGO HISTORY FAIR

CHICAGO HISTORY FAIR continues today in Springfield, Illinois

Springfield, lllinois

Illinois History Fair Expo Information

The Illinois History Fair Expo will be held on Thursday, May 7, 2015 at the Prairie Capital Convention Center in Springfield. Students whose paper and/or project was sent to regionals will get to attend the Expo.
Students whose paper and/or project received a superior at regionals will advance to state (Expo). Paper awards will be given that day at 10:30. Projects will be judged again and there will be a public viewing from 1:00-2:30. Awards for projects will be presented at 2:45.

This is why we are here today in Springfield.  My daughter, Sara, representing Lincoln Elementary School, wrote a paper for 'history fair' which has advanced to the state level.  The paper is titled: SWEET HOME CHICAGO: How Chicago Became the Candy Capital of the World.   Today is a big day.   No matter what happens next, my daughter has had a terrific accomplishment.

WEDNESDAY MENU
breakfast    two apples, two cups instant oatmeal                                                                420 calories
lunch          HUGE SPINACH SALAD HYVEE GROCERY STORE, w/tomato, cucumber, beets
                 mushroom, onions, turkey, ham, chicken, imitatation crab leg & zero calorie dressing
                  28 ALMONDS                                                                                                   670 calories
dinner        HUGE SPINACH SALAD HYVEE GROCERY STORE, w/tomato, cucumber, beets
                 mushroom, onions, turkey, ham, chicken, imitation crab leg & zero calorie dressin   500 calories

TOTAL CALORIC CONSUMPTION   1590 CALORIES

calories burned
YMCA elliptical 40 minutes 415 calories

WEDNESDAY NET CALORIES 1175 CALORIES

HYVEE SPINACH SALAD

My spinach salad at the HYVEE 'Make your own salad' bar is full of low calorie additions.  There is no real way to know the calories - but since it is a huge salad and I gave myself ample portions - I am going to assign 500 calories to this meal every time I have it.  Each item that was added is in itself low calorie.  However, my portions of chicken, ham, turkey and roast beef, imitation crab were 'healthy.'   Even so, it is hard to imagine that this salad could have exceeded 500 calories.  (It is topped off with zero calorie dressing that I travel with.)  

A couple of weeks ago, I was feeling very sluggish and I even had some minor pains in my joints.  I had become convinced that I was not eating enough.  Now, I am fearful that my appetite has returned.  So this is a very difficult balancing act that I am trying to keep.  I still enjoy eating, but I need to continue to eat good healthy foods.   Last week my weight popped up an inexplicable 8 pounds.  I do not know what my scale will show this week.   Monday I visit my doctor again and it will be a good time to assess where I am - and where I should be going.

For now...I am going to enjoy HISTORY FAIR!

See you tomorrow...

No comments: