Saturday, May 16, 2015

ROCKY MOUNTAIN WEIGH

ROCKY MOUNTAIN WAY was a song released by Joe Walsh on the album, THE SMOKER YOU DRINK, THE PLAYER YOU GET in 1973.   

JOE WALSH - ROCKY MOUNTAIN WAY

What I know is this, whether I lose a few more pounds as I hope or not...I better have an appropriate weight, when I climb the rocky mountain called HALF DOME this coming October.  I have spent time with my brother this week in Minneapolis as we are both here for the International Quilt Market and we were discussing some logistics of what to bring, for example, backpack, supplies, water on the hike.  In other words, this climb just became a little more real this week.  

_ _ _ _ _ _ _
So here I am in Minneapolis (far from home) How did I weight myself?
Simple.  I brought my home scale with me on this trip so that I could have my normal Saturday weigh-in
_ _ _ _ _ _

216.8 lbs

I weigh 216.8 lbs.
I gained .7 lbs this week.
I lost 92.2 lbs in 143 days. Today begins Day 144.
I have lost 14 inches from my waist. 
I will always be at the beginning of a journey that never ends.
I weigh 216.8 lbs. (143 days ago I weighed 309 lbs)
I have lost 29.8% of my weight since Dec 24.
Considering how different my calorie count has been - eating much larger portions of still mostly nutritious foods - I am satisfied.  I will consider cutting back just a bit to continue to lose weight.
I have a BMI, body mass index of 29.00 (far away from obesity!)
I had a 42.0 BMI on 12.24.14 just 115 days ago (Class III obesity)
I wonder about achieving a 'normal weight' - the charts say 186.8 lbs - I'm not too sure about that...
I know this, regardless of what the BMI charts show - Marc Jacobs is no longer a fat man!
I have three words to describe how I feel right now - I feel fine
...I know how to begin this week... 
32 minutes ELLIPTICAL



FRIDAY MENU
I basically ate very little today where I know the calorie count... so most everything is a guess.   

breakfast    ham, cheese omelette, bowl oatmeal                                        595 calories                              
lunch          56 almonds, two apples                                                            480 calories
dinner         spring salad w/dressing, salmon, asparagus, hors d'ouerves   443 calories

total calories (estimated) 1518 calories

calories burned
1030PM HOTEL ELLIPTICAL 35 MINUTES   407 calories

FRIDAY NET CALORIES   1111 calories



Dinner with my colleagues on Friday was at The Union Restaurant on Hennepin Avenue in Minneapolis.  Everyone enjoyed their meals.

The Union Restaurant, Hennepin Avenue, Minneapolis, MN

Spring Salad
white peach vinaigrette, pea tendrils, watermelon radish, rose petals
Spring Salad

SteamedSalmon
vidalia onion sauce, asparagus, creamed morels 



No comments: