Saturday, May 2, 2015

THE HARD WEIGH

The Hard Way is one of the more obscure songs from The Kinks.  The Kinks were part of the original British Invasion in the 1960's.  Led by Ray Davies, The Kinks disbanded in 1986.  Rumors have been swirling for many months that The Kinks would reform and tour in honor of their 50th Anniversary - and that still may or may not happen - although the 50th Anniversary is already passed.  The Hard Way was released on their 1975 album, Schoolboys in Disgrace.  I have recently rediscovered this gem and I now love this album.  Of course, it helps that I already kinda love The Kinks and have for many years.  I have been listening to so much music lately that I have been discovering and rediscovering lots of music from many bands that I have forgotten how much I enjoyed.

The Hard Way - The Kinks
There are two ways of approaching 200 lbs.  One can slowly gain enough weight to reach that point.  That's the easy way.  The Hard Way is to first get to 309 pounds and then try to lose 109 pounds to reach 200 lbs.  That's The Hard Way.  I am in the middle of attempting to reach 200 pounds - The Hard Way.   


The Kinks - Schoolboys in Disgrace (terrific album!)


~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 

I weigh 222.2 lbs.
I gained 8.3 lbs this week?
I admit I am confused.
late dinner last night, not yet fully digested?
retaining water?
I don't know.
Either my reading was very wrong last week.
Or my scale is malfunctioning... I don't know which it is. But if this new reading is correct...
I lost 86.8 lbs in 129 days. Today begins Day 130.


I will always be at the beginning of a journey that never ends.

I NEED TO GET TO A RELIABLE SCALE AND FIND OUT HOW MUCH I WEIGH.

I have one word to describe how I feel right now - confused
...I know how to begin this week... 
32 minutes ELLIPTICAL

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 


FRIDAY MENU

breakfast  cup Quaker Oats Oatmeal, two apples, one pear                            391 calories
lunch       THAI STYLE PEANUT SALAD, 2 APPLES                               580 calories
dinner      CHABAD SHABBAT DINNER: tomato salad, zucchini salad,
                 one small piece of Challah, one slice Gefilte Fish
                chicken soup w/Matzo Ball, three pieces chicken (estimated calories)  600 calories
                four 'L'Chaims' (one ounce Whiskey)                                                     276 calories


TOTAL CALORIC CONSUMPTION 1847 CALORIES

calories burned
St Paul YMCA 8:00AM elliptical 40 minutes 360 calories

FRIDAY NET CALORIES 1487 CALORIES
 

~ ~ ~ ~ 

No comments: