Friday, May 22, 2015

COLONOSCOPY

Hi, it's me...I'm back.  The endoscopy and colonoscopy procedures were scheduled for 8AM and I was instructed to arrive one hour early. As I was anesthetized I have no memory of the procedure.  I do know that I started getting hungry last evening, and I was hungry when I woke up this morning. So, I headed to Mariano's Market for a BIG DELICIOUS SPINACH SALAD with a myriad of toppings after my release from the hospital at 10:00AM.

I was not looking forward to this procedure, but I didn't go 'kicking and screaming'
INITIAL COLONOSCOPY RESULTS:

Although I left the hospital with two sheets of paper regarding the colonoscopy and endoscopy results, they don't mean much too me.  A 5mm polyp was found which I am led to understand is in itself not a gigantic issue. Some diverticula was found, and this too, is not a major issue as best I understand at this time.  And finally, the report indicated that my terminal ileum appeared normal (and I am writing this sentence having no idea what that is - I will look it up later.)

The initial endoscopy report noted a small hernia.  (Again, until I speak with my doctor, I don't know what to make of this)  The doctor found evidence that I might have 'Barrett's esophagus.' The report also noted that my stomach and duodenum were normal.  Obviously I need to speak with my doctor to find out what any of this really means.



 THURSDAY MENU
breakfast  4 cups chicken broth, 1 package Jello-o Gelatin                                    60 calories
lunch        8 cups chicken broth, 2 packages Jell-o Gelatin                                  120 calories
dinner       4 cups chicken broth, 1 package Jell-o Gelatin                                     60 calories

total calories consumed 240 calories

CALORIES BURNED
12 Midnight (long before the Colonoscopy Preparations began)  32 minutes elliptical 532 calories

Thursday net calories 292 calories

Following the protocols for preparing for a colonoscopy certainly agree with someone who is trying to lose weight.  Nevertheless, I do not recommend it.

No comments: