Thursday, May 14, 2015

INTERNATIONAL QUILT MARKET - SPRING SHOW - MINNEAPOLIS

Yesterday I finished my two day excursion into Wisconsin and returned to Minneapolis for the 2015 International Quilt Market.   The 'spring' show is in a different city each May and this year it landed in Minneapolis. This show is for the thousands of independently owned quilt shops across America and the World. Each fabric company sets up elaborate booths highlighting their brand-new cotton fabrics that are unveiled at this show. The show also attracts hundreds of peripheral vendors, and both  Products From Abroad Ribbons and Trims and Dill Button Company are at the show as well whom I both work for. (not too sure about that sentence structure?)



The 'quilting' industry convenes at a huge tradeshow twice per year.   Each October the show takes place in Houston, Texas.  And the Spring show takes place in a variety of cities throughout the United States.  I do attend the each show.  The last time I saw my colleagues, customers and friends at one of these shows was last October in Houston.  At that time, I was still on my way up to 309 lbs.   Fast forward to this show, and my appearance has changed rather dramatically - I have lost 90 pounds since so many of these people last saw me.  I confess, I am looking forward to presenting myself over the next few days.  Today, Thursday, is 'set-up' day and the three day show will actually begin on Friday.  I am looking forward to it!



Dinner my first night in Minneapolis

AHI TUNA NICOISE
Rare seared tuna with green beans, beets, Kalamata olives, potatoes & tomatoes on tender greens tossed with cucumber, radish
The Local - AHI TUNA NICOISE (calories 375 approximately, just a guess)




WEDNESDAY MENU

breakfast   two eggs, three sausages, two cups oatmeal, two small apples                   655 calories
lunch         turkey and cheddar lunchables, two apples, colossal smoked oysters can  590 calories
dinner       AHI TUNA NICOISE SALAD @ 'THE LOCAL'   three apples                 612 calories

total calories consumed 1857 calories

CALORIES BURNED
HUDSON, WISCONSIN YMCA   elliptical  340 calories

WEDNESDAY NET CALORIES   1517 CALORIES

No comments: