Wednesday, May 6, 2015

HY-VEE SALAD BAR

Hy-Vee is a regional chain of supermarkets. Hy-Vee operates more than 230 retail stores in eight Midwestern states, including Illinois, Iowa, Kansas, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, South Dakota and Wisconsin.



Yesterday for dinner I visited a Hy-Vee to sample their salad bar.  Since I have learned which foods are both healthy and low calorie I was able to create a salad which was quite a delicious meal.  I don't know precisely how many calories it was - so I have conservatively picked 300 calories which is a high number.  The greens of the salad were spinach leaves and they are very low in calorie.  I added mushrooms, onions, tomatoes.  I also added some imitation crab, some chicken, ham and turkey.   There are all fairly low calorie foods.  For salad dressing I used my zero calories salad dressing that I travel with.  So even though, I had a large portion of salad, it hard to imagine that the calorie content would have exceeded 300 calories.  Before I leave Madison, Wisconsin today, I intend to stop again and make another of these delicious salads.

TUESDAY MENU
breakfast   cup steel cut oatmeal w/prune, two poached eggs, two slices turkey 'bacon'    505 calories
lunch        JIMMY JOHN'S BOOTLEGGER UNWICH  w/Pickle, 28 ALMONDS
                 spinach salad w/beets, tomato, mushrooms, hearts of palm                               509 calories
dinner      HY-VEE salad bar spinach, tomato, mushroom, onion, imitation crab,
                turkey, ham, chicken with Zero Calorie Dressing                                               300 calories

TOTAL CALORIES CONSUMED 1314 CALORIES

calories burned
MADISON YMCA elliptical 40 minutes 420 calories

TUESDAY NET CALORIES 894 CALORIES





               

No comments: