Saturday, May 23, 2015

STAIRWEIGH TO THE STARS

STAIRWAY TO THE STARS was unleashed upon the world on the first BLUE OYSTER CULT album in 1972.  Even today, both lead vocalists from that band provide the core of a reformed band that still plays concerts year-round.  This band was great in 1972 (although it was not until 1975 that I personally discovered them)   They are still great today.  Perhaps the name of the band was ill-advised, while they did have a heyday when they packed 20,000 seat stadium for their shows, those days are long gone, and today they really do have a 'cult' following.  Count me in as part of that cult.


The eponymously titled debut album: BLUE OYSTER CULT
I have been trying to come to terms with allowing myself to eat more and still wanting to lose more weight. I am no longer in a hurry to drop the pounds. But while I adjust to yet another lifestyle change, that is upping my daily caloric intake from 1000 to nearly 2000 calories per day, I do want to be careful not to go in the wrong direction.  My Friday started at 5:30AM when I woke up in order to get ready to be at the hospital for my colonoscopy at 6:45AM. On Thursday, my total calories were just 240.  On Friday, after my colonoscopy had a oversized appetite.  My caloric intake on Friday was  just under 2000.  I was also awake and still drinking fluids until around 3AM as I was simply 'wired' as I had taken a nap during the day, as the after-affects of the hospital 'procedure' had gotten to me a bit.  I did weigh myself on THURSDAY MORNING before I started playing havoc with my digestive system, and on Thursday morning I did weigh 219 lbs.   So, as I jump on the scale today, Saturday, if the weight is signficantly higher than that, I am going to assume that most of it is water weight as my body tries to re-balance after emptying my colon on Thursday. Friday night's dinner was also extra late in the evening, and I am not sure that my body has had the normal time to digest my meal completely.  That's my story - and I am sticking to it.


218.2 lbs

I weigh 218.2 lbs.
I gained 1.4 lbs this week.
I lost 90.8 lbs in 150 days. Today begins Day 151.
I have lost 14 inches from my waist. 
I will always be at the beginning of a journey that never ends.
I weigh 218.2 lbs. (143 days ago I weighed 309 lbs)
I have lost 29.4% of my weight since Dec 24.
Considering how different my calorie count has been - eating much larger portions of still mostly nutritious foods - I am satisfied.  I must consider cutting back just a bit to continue to lose weight.
I have a BMI, body mass index of 29.19 (far away from obesity!)
I had a 42.0 BMI on 12.24.14 just 150 days ago (Class III obesity)
I wonder about achieving a 'normal weight' - the charts say 186.8 lbs - I'm not too sure about that...
I know this, regardless of what the BMI charts show - Marc Jacobs is no longer a fat man!
I have three words to describe how I feel right now - ready to proceed
...I know how to begin this week... 
32 minutes ELLIPTICAL



FRIDAY MENU
breakfast                                not applicable/colonoscopy                          ----
lunch    huge spinach salad with chicken, tomato, mushroom, hearts of palm,
             imitation crab, onion, beets, cucumber, artichokes  
             28 almonds, red delicious apple, nut bar, 2 Medjool dates         1087 calories
dinner  6 ounce broiled walleye fish, spinach salad, 28 almonds, 
             two medjool dates, cucumber                                                       847 calories

total calories  1934 calories

calories burned
7PM ELLIPTICAL 32 MINUTES  494 calories

Friday net calories 1440 calories


dinner was a major improvement of Thursday's menu of broth and jell-o!



Eric Bloom & Donald 'Buck Dharma' Roeser of Blue Oyster Cult a long time ago...

Eric Bloom & Donald 'Buck Dharma' Roeser of Blue Oyster Cult  much more recently...
There is some irony in that Blue Oyster Cult somehow managed
to never be a musical guest on Saturday Night Live.
Nevertheless, Blue Oyster Cult and the their use of a 'cowbell'
on their hit song 'Don't Fear the Reaper' were parodied on one of the
most famous and funniest skits in the history of SNL.
Will Ferrell plays the part of Eric Bloom.  Simply Hilarious.
Creepy, freaky actor, Christopher Walken plays the role of their producer
who needs...MORE COWBELL!


You would have to be familiar with the MORE COWBELL
skit from Saturday Night Live to understand what
Christopher Walken is doing here....

No comments: