Friday, May 8, 2015

RALPH LAUREN NO LONGER SAYS THAT I AM BIG

Way back on January 3, 2015 my blog was titled:

RALPH LAUREN SAYS THAT I AM BIG

A few weeks ago as I was continuing to pack on the pounds, it became necessary to search for new clothes yet again.   My blue jeans did not fit, the black trousers that I had purchased before summer were no longer comfortable.   My final purchase of jeans on the way up to 309 lbs was a two pair of WRANGLERS 50" WAIST, 32" LENGTH RELAXED FIT.   When I bought those Wranglers in Mid-November they fit, however by the end of December they were becoming tight and uncomfortable.   Fast forward to today, January 3, 2014.   I am able to wear my RALPH LAUREN trousers again.   The size of these trousers is somewhat ironic.   I feel thin (thinner) wearing them.   They look much better than the 50/32 relaxed fit Wranglers.  The size of the Ralph Lauren Trousers: BIG.  You would have to search for a smaller tag near the zipper to discover that these are a 48" waist. (48B/32 - Mr. Lauren thinks that without the 'B' people won't know that they are big?) I have successfully reduced my size so that I am BIG.   If I am BIG now, what size was I two weeks ago?  (BIGGER?) The irony is that I am pleased to be wearing these trousers, as I know that they may be BIG, they are still smaller than what I was wearing went I went to see my doctor for a 'wellness' checkup way, way back on December 24, 2014.

On January 3, 2014 I was quite happy to be able to slip on my 48 waist Ralph Laurens.   Fast forward to yesterday, May 7 and I experienced a far more rewarding day landmark day in my personal history.  I was able to wear my new RALPH LAUREN BLUE JEANS that I purchased online.  I purchased a pair of 36 Waist, 34 Length blue jeans with the expectation that they would not fit yet.   To my surprise, they fit perfectly.  I am not necessarily tricked into thinking that my waist size is unambiguously a 36" as I know that various manufacturers will have slight variations in how they size their products.  Nevertheless, these particular blue jeans ARE 36".  No longer are Ralph Lauren sizes anything along the lines of 36B. (36 BIG)  The reason for this is that they are not big.  A 36" waist is well within the normal size range of a normally sized human being.  And that is what I am these days - a normally sized human being.  Here is a picture of me wearing my new jeans while with my daughter at the Springfield, Illinois History Fair Expo yesterday.  The jeans fit great and it was very enjoyable to wear them yesterday.

Springfield, Illinois History Fair May 7, 2015
THURSDAY MENU

breakfast     Ramada Breakfast two eggs, two sausages, two apples, two cups oatmeal, orange    789 calories
lunch            SUBWAY DOUBLE CHICKEN SPINACH SALAD, apple                                              300 calories
dinner          HYVEE SPINACH SALAD, 28 almonds                                                                         670 calories

TOTAL CALORIC CONSUMPTION 1759 CALORIES

calories burned
7AM  RAMADA ELLIPTICAL 30 minutes 295 calories

THURSDAY NET CALORIES 1464 CALORIES

At this event, our daughter received her BLUE RIBBON for her paper: SWEET HOME CHICAGO
HOW CHICAGO BECAME THE CANDY CAPITAL OF THE WORLD

No comments: