Sunday, May 10, 2015

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY

I am blessed to have two women in my life for whom I can wish a Happy Mothers Day.
My Wife and my Mom.   Happy Mothers Day, Jennifer.   Happy Mothers Day, Mom.
I think my Mom did a good job taking care of me and my two brothers.  My wife is doing a great job navigating our 13 year old daughter through life's challenges and perils.



One of the things that I enjoy doing nowadays more than ever is searching for new and different things to eat.  Yesterday at the grocery store I stumbled onto something called SLICED TENDER CACTUS.  Perhaps if I lived in desert country or somewhere out west - I would be more familiar with this food.  Up until today, I had no idea that cactus was edible.   So, naturally I purchased this product as the fact that its nutritional information sheet indicated that 2/3 cup was only 10 calories.


This food was added to my salad where, it just got lost in the other greens and I barely tasted it or noticed it.  I also had some straight out of the jar and it definitely had its own unique taste and texture.  It reminded me a little bit of okra.  SLICED TENDER CACUS, one more thing to add to my dinner plate.

SATURDAY MENU

breakfast   two cups oatmeal w/prune, two poached eggs, two slices turkey 'bacon'     505 calories
lunch        MARIANO'S HUGE SPINACH SALAD, red delicious apple, 28 almonds 765 calories
dinner       Spinach salad w/mushrooms, hearts of palm, artichoke hearts, cactus, tomato
                 70 GRAMS DINON MUSSEL SALAD, cucumbder salad, sliced tender cactus
                 20 macadamia nuts                                                                                          564 calories

TOTAL CALORIES CONSUMED  1834 CALORIES

calories consumed
1PM elliptical 32 minutes 476 calories

SATURDAY NET CALORIES    1358 CALORIES

DINNER : MUSSEL SALAD, 3.5 OUNCES SALMON, CUCUMBER SALAD  & SLICED TENDER CACTUS

No comments: