Sunday, May 3, 2015

SMALL RECOVERY

Yesterday my 'weigh-in' was extremely annoying.  After being under the impression that my weight had dropped to 214 - my scale sucker punched me back and informed me that I was 222 lbs.  This seemed utterly impossible - how does one gain 8 lbs in one week?  It's not like I had been on an all-you-can-eat 8-days 7-nights cruise ship for the past week!  Nevertheless, one must accept reality.


This morning, I did weigh myself again and the scale taunted me with an improved reading.  This morning, the scale indicates 219.5 lbs.  (After yesterdays shock - I'll take it) As if I have a choice...
All the clothing that I had been fitting into and/or nearly fitting into has not changed.  What I know now is that I did not gain 8.2 lbs in one week...but apparently my weight loss the week before was a bit overestimated.  So really, things are still going according to plan.  In fact, I will continue to INCREASE my calories a little bit as I simply require the additional fuel to operate efficiently.  Although my doctor had given me the blessing to continue on 1000 calories per day somewhat indefinitely - that decision was predicated on the fact that I was feeling good.  As I reported recently, lately I have NOT felt that I was giving my body enough fuel.  So I am going to carefully increase my calories consumed each day.

SATURDAY MENU

breakfast cup oatmeal, w/prune, two poached eggs, two slices turkey 'bacon'            355 calories
lunch       spinach salad w/hearts of palm, cherry tomato, mushrooms
                CABBAGE SOUP                                                                                        167 calories
dinner     TRADER JOE'S SALMON BURGER, bowl MISO SOUP, 8 pickles
                spinach salad w/hearts of palm, cherry tomato, 4 small apples                    490 calories

TOTAL CALORIES 1012 CALORIES

calories burned
10PM elliptical machine 446 calories

SATURDAY NET CALORIES   568 CALORIES

2 comments:

Vicki said...

It might actually help to eat a little more. When you keep your calories low a long time, your metabolism may start fighting you tooth and nail: http://www.npr.org/blogs/health/2013/07/29/202655878/how-to-escape-the-diet-plateau

Marc Jacobs said...

Hello Vicki - I absolutely agree with you and it is my intention to increase my caloric consumption for precisely the reason that you indicated. Marc