Saturday, May 9, 2015

MYSTERIOUS WEIGHS

Mysterious Ways is a song released in 1991 by the rock band, U2 in 1991.  Mysterious Ways was released as a single in November 1991 and was originally released on their album, Achtung Baby.

Mysterious Ways - U2

I have had a few MYSTERIOUS WEIGH(INS) over the past few months.  Some weeks when I expected to drop a lot of weight, I dropped very little.  Other weeks, I had no expectation of showing great progress, and nevertheless, weight had melted off me in that week.  This week I really upped my calorie count.   I have been unsuccessfully fighting the urge to eat a lot as I was experiencing cravings all week.  I know that I have been eating too many apples.  I think I have been eating too many almonds.  I think I might have loaded my salad bar salads a bit too much.  Todays weigh-in will guide me - it will show me if I have over eaten too much or if I am still going according to a schedule.  I would like to continue losing weight.  I am absolutely ready to lose weight much more slowly and much more steadily than I did in the initial four months.  That said, it's time to hop onto the scale and see where I am.

216.1 lbs

I weigh 216.1 lbs.
I lost 6.1 lbs this week.
I lost 92.9 lbs in 136 days. Today begins Day 137.
I averaged .68 lbs lost/day since Dec 24, 2014.
I have lost 14 inches from my waist. 
This week I wore 36" waist Ralph Lauren Jeans for 1st time.
I also can now wear a pair of 36"Banana Republic dress pants.
I will always be at the beginning of a journey that never ends.
I weigh 216.1 lbs. (137 days ago I weighed 309 lbs)
I have lost 30.1% of my weight since Dec 24.
I have lost 2.7% of my weight since last Saturday.
(Last week was the week that my weight mysteriously popped up.)
I have had an amazingly wildly successful week losing 6.1 lbs.
I have a BMI, body mass index of 28.91 (far away from obesity!)
I had a 42.0 BMI on 12.24.14 just 115 days ago (Class III obesity)
I wonder about achieving a 'normal weight' - the charts say 186.8 lbs - I'm not too sure about that...
I know this, regardless of what the BMI charts show - Marc Jacobs is no longer a fat man!
I have two words to describe how I feel right now - very good
...I know how to begin this week... 
32 minutes ELLIPTICAL

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 


FRIDAY MENU

breakfast  two poached eggs, 2 cups oat meal w/prune, two slices turkey 'bacon'               505 calories
lunch        MARIANO'S HUGE SPINACH SALAD                                                           500 calories
dinner      7 ounces Salon Fillet, asparagus, two cups MISO SOUP
                Spinach Salad w/hearts of palm, tomato, mushrooms, artichoke hearts
                28 almonds                                                                                                            699 calories  

TOTAL CALORIC CONSUMPTION 1704  CALORIES

calories burned
2:30PM elliptical 32 minutes 460 calories

FRIDAY NET CALORIES 1244 CALORIES


It is a challenge to NOT to find a subject spoofed by The Simpsonns


HUGE SPINACH SALAD from MARIANO'S
loaded up with lots of healthy, albeit low calorie foods:
cucumbers, tomato, ham, chicken, imitation crab, celery, artichokes,
 hard boiled egg, mushrooms, onions,  sunflower seeds and one stuffed grape leaf
(somewhere buried below is quite a lot of spinach as well)
I randomly assign 500 calories to such a salad - It surely can't be much more if more at all.
I used only squeezed lemon as my dressing.



 

No comments: