Monday, May 4, 2015

BACK ON TRACK

Last week I had my first snack when I was bingeing on apples.   This morning, instead of having my regular breakfast I again was bingeing on apples.  That's enough.  An apple a couple of times per week would be fine - but eating 4 of them within an hour or so is simply not a great idea.

For dinner, my family went on a shopping excursion to Mariano's Supermarket and I returned home with scallops and shrimp among a couple of other new treats.  My wife prepared a delicious feast for me - lots of food - great variety - great taste - and low calorie!

I started with my SPINACH SALAD and added to it were 8 cherry tomatoes, hearts of palm, and mushrooms.  In order to give the salad another fresh taste we added some sliced beets.  Even with all these ingredients the entire salad was still only about 90 calories.   My dinner included two cups of MISO SOUP and that is only 90 calories.

I tried something else that looked interesting when I saw it on the supermarket shelf - CRACOVIA CUCUMBER SALAD (imported from Poland)   100 grams of this cucumber salad is a grand total of 10 calories and it was tasty too!

Although I actually enjoy canned asparagus - fresh asparagus is much better.  These are foods that I can enjoy without guilt.

My entre' was a delectable mixture of bay scallops, shrimp and one giant sea scallop.  This type of seafood is low calorie.   My wife prepared it with some garlic seasoning.  The seafood portion of my meal was only 220 calories.

THIS ENTIRE FEAST WAS 459 CALORIES.  My wife worked hard to prepare this meal and it was healthy, delicious and low calorie!   Tomorrow night I will have practically the same meal as only half of what we purchased was consumed - but it has already all been cooked.  

AMAZINGLY HEALTHY, BIG, TASTY and LOW CALORIE DINNER - 459 CALORIES!

I have felt a bit down the last two days - I was really ticked off at the unreliability of my scale (or is it the unreliability of my body?) that somehow showed my weight 8 lbs more from one week to the next.  I still cannot explain it.  At least one day later, my weight retreated another two pounds.  So although I have had this setback - and although I have been ticked off - I think I should remember that even after this - MY WEIGHT LOSS SINCE DECEMBER 24th 2014 is 90 pounds.  SOMETHING I SHOULD BE PROUD OF and SOMETHING THAT I AM PROUD OF!  

Apple bingeing is no longer on my itinerary - and I am back on track!

SUNDAY MENU

breakfast  4 GALA apples                                                                             320 calories
lunch         Chicken with Rice Soup, canned asparagus spears
                  spinach salad w/albacore tuna, tomato                                      545 calories
dinner      spinach salad, w/hearts of palm, tomato, mushrooms, beets
                  Miso soup, cucumber salad, asparagus spears
                 3 ounces shrimp, 3 ounces bay scallops, one giant sea scallop   459 calories

TOTAL CALORIES CONSUMED 1324 CALORIES

calories burned
7PM elliptical 32 minutes 455 calories

SUNDAY NET CALORIES 869 CALORIES

CRACOVIA CUCUMBER SALAD in Vinegar Brine
100 grams are only 10 calories












No comments: