Wednesday, May 20, 2015

LEVEL 17

Yesterday I had 'home field advantage.' Everyone knows that 'home field advantage' is important in sports contests. Apparently it is important with exercise equipment too. I use so many different elliptical machines as I criss cross the country and I try to set them properly for a vigorous workout - but there is little way to compare how effective I am exercising as each machine is calibrated differently.  Back on my home machine yesterday, I changed the difficulty level to '17' for the first time.  Of course, this is a random number which has no meaning outside the small circle of people who use this specific branded machine,  STAR TRAC.  However, for me it is very meaningful as my workout was more difficult - and I was still able to work through the 32 minutes and kick up quite a sweat.  The machine recorded that I burned many more calories than I usually do when the machine is 'only' set to '16.'   When I started on this machine a few months ago - I began with he 'level' set to only '10.'  Progress is being made - my workouts are becoming more aggressive and surely providing increasingly beneficial results.

elliptical machine at the conclusion of the 30 minute workout and 2 minute  'cooldown'
That I was able to 'burn' 528 calories in only 32 minutes is a nice achievement.  It will be interesting to see how much I can improve on these numbers as the days and weeks progress.  My wife even joined me in the fitness room and she worked out on the treadmill.  

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Today I had a day trip which was nearly 2 hours from home (in traffic).   I live in Chicago - there is always traffic.  My wife prepared an amazing delicious salad that I was able to eat during the day - very much like the salads that I almost always have at home, but this was was improved by the addition of a cut-up salmon burger on top.  

delicious salad prepared at home - prepared 'To Go' (a very delicious healthy meal)
TUESDAY MEN

breakfast  oatmeal w/prune, wheat germ, two poached eggs, two slices turkey bacon      705 calories
lunch        spinach salad w/hearts of palm, artichokes, onion, mushrooms, beets, cactus
                 tomato, salmon burger                                                                                        234 calories
dinner       spinach salad w/hearts of palm, artichokes, onion, mushrooms, beets, cactus
                 tomato, Trader Joe's Meatballs (4), Campbell's Italian Wedding Soup (bowl)
                 canned asparagus (1/2 can), potato pancake                                                      654 calories

total calories consumed 1593 calories

calories burned
elliptical machine 32 minutes 528 calories

TUESDAY NET CALORIES 1065 CALORIES                             
                 
                


No comments: