Friday, June 26, 2015

BUSY PEOPLE ALWAYS FIND TIME

What is the excuse that so many people (including me during my eight year 'resting period') use why they can't exercise?  It's not a trick question.  The answer is:

I don't have the time!

Such a lame excuse.   BUSY PEOPLE ALWAYS FIND TIME.  I will use my experience today as an example.  My first appointment was very early today, 8:00AM.  So, clearly no time to exercise in the morning, right?  WRONG! There was plenty of time.   Most YMCA's open at 5:00AM or as 'late' at 5:30AM.  And that's nothing compared to some of the commercial fitness centers that dot the countryside - many are open 24 hours per day!

THERE IS ALWAYS TIME!

Yesterday morning, I really wanted to get my exercise logged before my appointment.  I set my alarm for 5:00AM - but I awoke at 4:00Am and decided to start my day.  I passed through the front door of the YMCA at 5:05AM.  First I went to the locker room in order to drop off my gym bag - when I entered the cardio room at 5:10AM it was amazingly busy!  So all you folks out there who claim you don't have the time to exercise...I have one question for you:

Were you really busy doing something else real important at 5:00AM this morning?

Since I started so early I had a tremendous workout: 65 minutes on PROCOR EFX, 30 minutes ROWING, 33 minutes on a different elliptical machine.  TOTAL WORKOUT: 128 MINUTES!   CALORIES (allegedly) BURNED: 1628!

I was early for my 8:OOAM appointment. I had time to get breakfast and coffee at STARBUCKS FIRST.

BUSY PEOPLE ALWAYS FIND TIME!

THURSDAY MENU
breakfast  STARBUCKS reduced fat ham/cheese                                  230 calories
lunch WHOLE FOODS SALAD, apple, wasabi almonds, granola.     1475 calories
dinner WHOLE FOODS GRANOLA                                                     595 calories
SNACK. WHOLE FOODS MANGO SLICES.                                      120 calories


TOTAL CALORIES CONSUMED   2420 CALORIES

calories burned
5:10AM  PROCOR EFX elliptical machine   65 MINUTES, 
                MACHINE SET TO MAXIMUM INCLINE, MAXIMUM RESISTANCE    877 calories
6:15AM ROWING MACHINE 30 MINUTES.  334 calories
6:50AM PRO TOUCH 4700 ELLIPTICAL 33 minutes 467 calories
                                                                           
THURSDAY TOTAL calories BURNED 1678  calories 
THURSDAY NET calories 742 CALORIES
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~




No comments: