Saturday, June 6, 2015

GOTTA GET AWEIGH

GOTTA GET AWAY.   This song was released by The Rolling Stones as a 'B' side to their hit single, As Tears Go By in December of 1965.  (I can't say I remember when this was released as I was 7 years old.) Is it just me?  Or does anyone else find it amazing that The Rolling Stones who released this song 50 years ago, is currently touring North America?  Actually, I know that it is not just me who finds this amazing, the thousands of fans who have purchased tickets certainly find this amazing - and this includes folks like me who have seen The Rolling Stones multiple times over the years and people seeing them for the very first time.


My weight was starting to go in the wrong direction and I said to myself, that I GOTTA GET AWAY from some of the less intelligent eating decisions that were beginning to consume me.  It amuses me a little bit, that in the old days I had no remorse, no anxiety, no guilt about walking over to the frozen yogurt store two blocks from my home and filling a pint container with high calorie frozen yogurt and pouring God-knows how many calories of topping on this tasty delight.   Was my delicious treat 800 calories?   1000 calories?  1500 calories?   I don't know - but it had to be quite a lot.   These days, I feel remorse, anxiety and guilt if I have eaten too many apples or other fruit.  I will tell you this - It would be quite challenging to eat 1500 calories just eating fruit.  (although it appears quite doable if one is consuming nuts and/or granola)

My point, and there is one, is that recently I have been eating with a little more reckless abandon.  Mostly good food.  The worst of what I have recently consumed is too much fruit, and too many nuts and too much granola.   I have also just wrapped up two national trade shows where I have had some delicious meals in restaurants which were usually preceded (and followed) by some serious drinking.   Once I discovered that a Tanqueray & Tonic was higher calorie than I had thought - I converted to Glenlivets on the rocks.  Only in my mind, do I consider this a low-calorie alternative.  Thank God, I don't battle drinking as an ongoing problem.  I am a true social drinker.  I NEVER drink alone.  NEVER.  I only enjoy drinking with others - and I have always been this way.  Back in my college days - it was never too difficult to find 'others' to drink with - so back then I drank much more. Much, much more.

Although I 'officially' weigh myself on Saturday (that is the day that I record my weight) I do occasionally step onto the scale mid-week to see where I am at.   After my swing of 3 different trade shows in five consecutive days in three different states - where I had too many wrong meals - I stepped onto my scale with great trepidation.  That scale displayed a number which gave me great hope and much comfort.  So here it is....Saturday morning....time for my 'official' weigh-in.

I GOTTA GET AWAY from some of the bad habits that have crept into my life and continue to embrace the good habits which I am trying to develop.  I do believe that I have been very successful making these lifestyle changes.  Still it is enjoyable (a little bit) to make a bad decision once in a while...

I am only human.  I am not a robot.
Robots have no trouble focusing on the task assigned to them.
For example, this robot, aka The TERMINATOR,  focused on desiring to terminate, Sarah Connor.
Thankfully, for Mankind, the robot failed in his task - but not because he lost his focus.
Human Beings sometimes have more difficulty staying on task.
Thankfully, we are not robots.
God gave us free will.
Some of us exercise our free will to eat too many cookies (among many other poor choices.)
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~


216.0 lbs

I weigh 216.0 lbs.
I lost 7.6 lbs this week.
(This makes no sense, I did suspect that last week's weigh-in was giving me a false number...)
I lost 93.0 lbs in 164 days. Today begins Day 165.
I have lost 14 inches from my waist. 
I will always be at the beginning of a journey that never ends.
I weigh 216.0 lbs. (164 days ago I weighed 309 lbs)
I have lost 30.1% of my weight since Dec 24.
Considering how different my calorie count has been - eating much larger portions of still mostly nutritious foods - I am satisfied.  I must consider cutting back just a bit to continue to lose weight.
I have a BMI, body mass index of 28.89 (far away from obesity!)
I had a 42.0 BMI on 12.24.14 just 164 days ago (Class III obesity)
I wonder about achieving a 'normal weight' - the charts say 186.8 lbs - I'm not too sure about that...
I know this, regardless of what the BMI charts show - Marc Jacobs is no longer a fat man!
I have three words to describe how I feel right now - back on track!

...I know how to begin this week... 
32 minutes ELLIPTICAL, but before that... I will take the elevator to the ground floor and climb up 25 flights of stairs to the fitness room...

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 

 FRIDAY MENU
breakfast     STARBUCKS low-fat turkey bacon sandwich, two apples  420 calories 
lunch           2 apples, fruit/grain bar, oat/honey granola bar                     360 calories
dinner          Yu Sing Teriyaki Chicken, 2 Oat/Honey bars                       510 calories
snack           apple, pear                                                                              192 calories
                        
total calories  1452 calories

calories burned
STAIR CLIMBING (ground floor to 25th floor)  65 calories
6AM ELLIPTICAL 25 MINUTES ONLY (level 16, manual setting)  527 calories
(I had just had an extremely vigorous workout at 9PM, late Thursday evening - using level 16, manual setting for the first time - and on Friday morning at 6AM - I simply ran out of gas and stopped at 25 minutes.  I didn't have the energy at that time to descend the 25 flights of stairs back to ground floor - BUT I DID CLIMB UP 25 FLIGHTS BEFORE I HOPPED ONTO THE ELLIPTICAL MACHINE.

TOTAL CALORIES BURNED  592 CALORIES

Friday net calories  calories 860 calories




"As Tears Go By"
Single by The Rolling Stones
from the album December's Children (And Everybody's)
B-side"Gotta Get Away"
Released18 December 1965 (US)
Format7"
Recorded26 October 1965, IBC Studios, London
GenreBaroque pop[1]
Length2:45
LabelLondon 45-LON9808
Writer(s)Jagger/Richards/Oldham
Producer(s)Andrew Loog Oldham; engineer:Glyn Johns


No comments: