Thursday, June 25, 2015

ROW ROW ROW YOUR BOAT

Row, row, your boat...gently down the stream... Yesterday I was not really in a row boat nor was I on a stream... Nevertheless, after a 20 minute session on a STAIRMASTER (ASCENDED 100 FLOORS) I thought it might be interesting to try the rowing machine - so I did.   I strapped my feet in place and set the tension and simply started rowing.   The mechanics of the machine are quite simple.

One sits on the seat, nearly floor level, and pulls a cord which brings you closer to the machine until you relax and get in place to do it again.  This machine works on your legs and your upper body.  I thoroughly enjoyed the novelty of this different way of experiencing a calorie burning workout.  

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~  
 Tuesday MENU
breakfast  three apples.                                                                        240 calories
lunch HUGE SALAD, choc cranberries, dates, cinnamon pecan.    1291 calories
dinner oats/honey granola bar, apples, seaweed rice crackers.         1256 calories


TOTAL CALORIES CONSUMED   2787 CALORIES

calories burned

7AM 22 minutes STAIRMASTER (100 floors) 261 calories
7:30AM 30 minutes ROWING MACHINE 353 calories       

Total calories burned 614           

TUESDAY net calories  calories 2173 calories
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~







No comments: