Tuesday, April 28, 2015

BANANA REPUBLIC

BANANA REPUBIC JACKET
Yesterday on my way to Onalaska, Wisconsin near the Minnesota border, I stopped at the Tanger Outlet Mall in Wisconsin Dells that I zipped by scores and scores of times over the past 20 years and never had the desire to visit. I was shopping for some top quality dress shirts and a lightweight jacket.   I found something that I liked at Banana Republic.   For most of my life, no one has accused me of being a 'snappy dresser.'  Of course, when one is 100+ pounds overweight - there isn't a garment in the universe that can be called snappy.  These days, while I still have plenty of weight to shed, I can attempt to dress a bit more 'snappily.'  One thing, that I felt that I needed was a lightweight spring jacket.  (My collection of XXL just don't look good anymore - and they never did.)  I was very pleased to find something real sharp at Banana Republic. It is fun to buy such a quality garment marked down 60% from $99.99.  In addition, I opened a Banana Republic Visa account which earned me an additional 15% discount.  Wisconsin has a much lower sales tax rate than Chicago, so my complete receipt shows that I spent just $36.30 for this gorgeous jacket. Is it possible that in the future, this Marc Jacobs, might become a bit more fashionable? Yep, that's the plan.
modeling my  BANANA REPUBLIC JACKET

It's a good thing that I was shopping at Banana Republic today and not two weeks ago. This jacket fits well, but it is snug. If I should tack on just a couple of pounds - it will no longer fit. On the other hand, since the plan is to shed perhaps at least twenty pounds more, this jacket will only fit a little bit better over the coming weeks. Slipping on this jacket on made me feel like 'a million bucks,' even if it cost me only $36 bucks!


~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

MONDAY MENU

breakfast   one cup oatmeal w/prune, two poached eggs, two strips turkey 'bacon'       355 calories
lunch         JIMMY JOHNS #14 BOOTLEGGER UNWICH, one whole pickle           250 calories
sinner        JIMMY JOHNS #14 BOOTLEGGER UNWICH, one whole pickle
                 CAMPBELL'S SLOW KETTLE CHICKEN NOODLE SOUP, spinach      480 calories

TOTAL CALORIES CONSUMED  1085 CALORIES

CALORIES BURNED
6:30AM elliptical 32 minutes 437 calories

MONDAY NET CALORIES 648 CALORIES

No comments: