Wednesday, April 1, 2015

SOUTHWEST AIRLINES TO NEW YORK

April 1st.  This morning, I will be flying to New York for two days to be with my family.  My Mom will be celebrating her 80th birthday tomorrow.   Our family will gather in New York City for this celebration.   I will stay at home with my Mom for two days.  Today, Wednesday, I will have the day to spend with my Mom.  The nice thing about this blog is that I really didn't have to tell my Mom what kinds of foods I have been eating.   I am pretty sure that she knows - so there will be no issues there.

Although, my Mom has seen the recent photos that I have posted, this will be the first time that she sees me as I am now.   The last time she saw me I was approaching 309 lbs.   When I arrive home in Lynbrook, Long Island for lunch today, she will be greeted by a son who weighs 233 lbs.   I have lost nearly 25% of myself (fat self) in less than 100 days.  I am looking forward to seeing my Mom.  And I am looking forward to my Mom seeing me.


I waited until I boarded my plane before I 'published' this blog entry.   I wanted a picture of myself in the airplane.   The last time I flew, I went to Houston for a tradeshow.   It had been getting increasingly difficult to squeeze into a Southwest Airlines Coach seat, and buckling the seatbelt was becoming an issue.  It was with some difficulty that I had been able to get it clicked together.  I think the airlines offer 'extenders' for people whose girth was even bigger than my own.   I hadn't quite gotten there yet, but I was surely on my way.   Fast forward, to today, and that is no longer an issue.  I have lost 10 inches on my waist.   In fact, I have noticed that since I flew the last time, the airline seat seems a lot more comfortable.  Sadly, I am just as tall as I was a few months ago - so there is still no legroom!

When did Southwest Airlines make their seats so much bigger?

TUESDAY MENU

breakfast    cup oatmeal w/prune, two poached eggs, two sliced turkey 'bacon'     355 calories
lunch          spinach salad w/roma tomato and can of albacore tuna                        150 calories
dinner         salmon burger, spinach, tomato, potato pancake, CABBAGE SOUP  298 calories

total calories consumed   803 CALORIES

CALORIES BURNED
6AM elliptical 32 minutes   463 calories

TUESDAY NET CALORIES    340 CALORIES


  





No comments: