Tuesday, March 31, 2015

CAMERA SHY NO MORE

At 233 lbs I am getting close to entering the fourth quarter of my journey from 309 lb fat man to 195 lb thin man.  When I look in the mirror now, I see a reflection that I actually like.  Eight years ago, when I dropped from 300 lbs to 220 lbs (before I stupidly gained every pound back and tacked on nine more for 'good luck.') I appeared really thin at my lowest weight of 220 lbs.   For the past many years I couldn't stand looking at photos of myself from that period as I looked so good.  I also couldn't stand looking at more recent photos of myself as I looked so bad. It is no wonder that I was camera-shy.

At 309 lbs, I was not too interested in getting in front of  any cameras.
Anytime my photo was taken, the results were very painful to look at.

I am camera-shy no more.  I am proud of my accomplishment.  The day that I get down to 219 will be the first time that I have been there since the mid 1980's. That was 30 years ago!  Around that time, approximately 1985, I was actually down to 199 lbs (for about five minutes)   This time, my goal is to get to 195 lbs and stay there.  Even after losing 75 lbs since December 24, 2014 - I still have nearly 40 lbs to go. I am on my way - nothing will stop me.




On Saturday when I weighed myself, I admit I was disappointed that my weight loss was only 2 lbs for the week. It makes me nervous when I have eaten so little and only two pounds were shed.  I know that there are other factors at work. I think that each week my body is desperately trying to hold onto its fat cells as much as possible as the caloric intake is still so low.  However, when I review the chart of my progress over the last three months - I must also admit that my results have been in practically a straight line downward.  I have only weighed myself once per week over these past three months.  So, I never had the unfortunate situation where I have seen my weight bounce up a pound or two from one day to the other.  I know that this can happen - but I have negated it from happening by weighing myself only once every seven days.  I take much joy in reviewing this ski slope chart of my success.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

MONDAY MENU
breakfast  two poached eggs, two slices turkey 'bacon'  cup oatmeal w/prune           355 calories
lunch        spinach salad with can albacore tuna & roma tomato                                 150 calories
dinner      Yellowfin Tuna burger, bowl CABBAGE SOUP, spinach tomato zucchini 318 calories

total calories consumed 823 CALORIES

CALORIES BURNED
5AM elliptical 32 minutes   475 calories

MONDAY NET CALORIES    348 CALORIES





No comments: