Monday, March 16, 2015

LEGO

When I returned home from my trip to the U.P. (Upper Peninsula of Michigan) last week, my 13 year old daughter, Sara, showed me something that she had created out of Lego pieces.  A man on a treadmill.  I thought that this was a very imaginative thing to do.   I asked my daughter if she could make an elliptical machine - but I don't really think that she owns appropriate Lego pieces to easily make that happen.

LEGO TREADMILL by Sara Jacobs 2015
LEGO TREADMILL  by Sara Jacobs 2015


While we are on the subject of Lego, let me share with you something my daughter gave me for Father's Day in 2013 - her version of Star Trek's Starship Enterprise and Mr. Spock.

LEGO STARSHIP U.S.S. ENTERPRISE

LEGO MR SPOCK

And finally, in July 2013, my daughter who was only 11 years old at the time made my favorite radio talk show host and author - Dennis Prager.

LEGO DENNIS PRAGER


Here is the 13 year old LEGO artist, Sara Jacobs,  with me.  Photo taken last Thursday before getting
driven to school late last week on an unusually warm winter day.


SUNDAY MENU


breakfast  cup oat meal w/prune, two poached eggs, two turkey sausage links   360 calories
lunch        Annie Chun's MISO UDON soup, spinach salad w/roma tomato       270 calories
dinner       Whole Foods Yellowfin Tuna Burger, spinach w/roma tomato
                  cashew carrot ginger bisque soup, zucchini pancake                         360 calories

TOTAL CALORIES CONSUMED  990 CALORIES

CALORIES BURNED
9AM  YMCA ELLIPTICAL MACHINE 55 minutes (including 5 min cooldown)  753 calories

Since the workout on Saturday was so enjoyable on the great equipment, I returned on Sunday to do it again.  I finished my workout, enjoyed the sauna, took a shower and returned home - feeling great!

TOTAL NET CALORIES  237 CALORIES

lunch: spinach salad w/roma tomato & Annie Chun's Miso Noodle Soup  270 calories


dinner: Whole Foods Yellowfin Tuna burger, zucchini pancake, salad w/roma tomato, cashew ginger bisque soup 360 calories




I really enjoy the 'payoff' after working out on the Chicago YMCA elliptical machine.
It is rewarding to get this screen announcing that the workout is complete with statistics.
I did increase my workout by just five minutes from the day before.


~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
and finally, back to LEGO for a moment... I want you to know that the various LEGO creations that I displayed above are all cherished by me as they were made from the imagination of my creative daughter, Sara.   I think the next thing I will ask my daughter to make will be YANKEE STADIUM. How hard can it be?


YANKEE STADIUM - LEGO STYLE






No comments: