Thursday, March 5, 2015

WHAT I HAVE IN COMMON WITH HOMER SIMPSON

Even casual fans of 'The Simpsons' know that family patriarch, Homer Simpson always tells his wife as various opportunities arise that one thing or another is his lifelong dream.
Invariably, his wife, Marge, advises him that each dream has usually been accomplished.

This information was duplicated from a site called: wikidumper.blogspot.com.

List of Homer Simpson's lifelong dreams:  The following is a list of lifelong dreams by Homer Simpson as reported in The Simpsons TV series. Homer is a man of many lifelong dreams which he frequently quotes during the series. Each dream is different from his previous dream, and his wife, Marge, points out every time he makes up a new one that his actual life long dream, which also varies from episode to episode, was already accomplished by him.
His lifelong dreams include (partial list):
- Managing a beautiful country-western singer ("Colonel Homer")
- Eating the world's biggest hoagie ("Colonel Homer")
Living in the wilderness, while keeping a journal of his thoughts ("Marge Gets a Job")
- Becoming a monorail conductor ("Marge vs. the Monorail")
- Being allowed to do his job from home ("King-Size Homer")
- Being the next Thomas Edison ("The Wizard of Evergreen Terrace")
- Becoming a hippie ("D'oh-in in the Wind")
- Bowling a perfect game ("Hello Gutter, Hello Fadder")
- Seeing Stevie Nicks naked ("Hello Gutter, Hello Fadder") 
I also have a lifelong dream.  I have not accomplished it.  In fact, it has been completely elusive to me for just about my entire adult life.   Many, many years ago I learned that one could take a mule ride down to the bottom of the Grand Canyon.  This sounded like great fun.  And as soon as I learned about it, I thought that I would like to do it.  

There is however, one 'minor' obstacle.  In order to qualify for a Grand Canyon mule ride to the bottom of the canyon, one must weigh less than 200 lbs (with their clothes on)

I aspire to do this one day.   It may be over the top to call this a lifelong dream - but it is true that I would like to do it.  If I am going to qualify for this, I know what I need to do.

If I am going to qualify for a Grand Canyon Mule ride - I will need to lose another 60  lbs.   I figure that  in order to weigh  less than 200 lbs with my clothes on... I might have to get down to the mid-190's.   Lifelong dreams are supposed to be grand, and what could be grander than a GRAND CANYON MULE RIDE? 



WEDNESDAY MENU
breakfast  two poached eggs, cup oatmeal w/prune, two strips turkey 'bacon'   355 calories
lunch         spinach salad, salmon sockeye burger, pumpkin soup                        240 calories
dinner       Polish Sausage, Spring Mix Salad, Mulligatawny Soup                      400 calories

total calories consumed     995 CALORIES

CALORIES BURNED
7AM     ELLIPTICAL MACHINE  32 MINUTES    480 CALORIES

NET CALORIES  515 CALORIES



No comments: