Sunday, March 15, 2015

LOST MY THIRD TURKEY


On December 24, 2014 I woke up and visited my doctor for a 'wellness' exam. I weighed 309 lbs.
On January 21, I reported my weight loss was the equivalentof the weight of one turkey.
On February 15, I reported my weight loss was the equivalentof the weight loss of two turkeys.
Today, March 15, I am reporting that my weight loss is the equivalentof three turkeys.

As of yesterday, March 14, I have now lost 69.5 lbs in 80 days.
I must admit that I am gobsmacked that I have lost nearly one pound per day for 80 days.

69.5 lbs = THREE TURKEYS

Naturally, I needed to return to the supermarket to take a new picture.  Photographs don't always have sequels.  This one does.  It is Turkey III.



These three turkeys that I appear to be struggling to hold weighed about 65 lbs. (close enough to approximate the 69.5 lbs that I have lost so far) It is not just that I appear to be struggling, I was struggling!  (Believe me, trying to hold 65 lbs of frozen turkey is not so easy - which of course, is the point.  I was carting around an extra 69.5 lbs, 24 hours per day prior to December 24, 2014, and that's not so easy either!)  I am wearing for the very first time, a pair of 42" waist slacks.






This picture is for my Mom.  She has 'complained' that she can not see me in my 'turkey' photos.
Hi Mom!


FEBRUARY 14, 2015   Back this date, I weighed myself
and discovered that I had lost 46 lbs since December 24.
I had wanted to hold two turkeys that weighed 46 lbs, and 
the two turkeys that I did find only weighed 42 lbs.
For the purposes of the photo - that was close enough!
(I was wearing my 44" waist blue jeans at the time.)





























JANUARY 21, 2015  Way back on that date, I had lost 24 lbs and posed with a 23 lb turkey to visualize my accomplishment.  On that date, I was happy to wear my size 48 waist blue jeans.  They have long since been donated to Goodwill. 

  ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

My 'fitness consultation' appointment at the YMCA took place on Friday. It was less than I expected.  I came dressed to learn about the various types of equipment that the Y offered. This meeting was more to explain various options with personal trainers. Although this sounded somewhat interesting, I am not sure that I need it.

I did make one appointment with personal trainer to do exactly what I wanted.  That is, to explain each piece of equipment and to make sure that I have the rudimentary knowledge to know how to use them. That meeting will be in approximately 10 days.  

On Saturday I visited my CHICAGO YMCA for the first time in order to actually use the equipment.  The elliptical machine was absolutely the finest machine that I have ever encountered. It had an easy to read and understand video screen so that I could select the type of workout that I wanted: FAT BURN.

It had an embedded television screen with nearly 20 different channels.  I didn't watch any TV as I was way to busy listening to my latest addition to my Rolling Stones collection: ROLLING STONES: FROM THE VAULT: L.A. FORUM (LIVE IN 1975)

I set the machine for a 45 minute workout, and I even stayed on the additional 5 minutes for the 'cool down.'    After working out, I made use of the sauna, took a shower and returned home feeling absolutely fantastic.   I was still 'mentally bathing' in the new knowledge that my weight loss in 80 days has been nearly 70 lbs!  Never in my wildest imagination could I have foreseen that my progress would have been so quick.  Even so, I still have 45 pounds more to lose to get to my target weight of 195 lbs.  I am more than halfway to my goal. 


The YMCA ELLIPTICAL machine displays very complete information once your workout is complete.


SATURDAY MENU

breakfast cup oatmeal w/prune, two poached eggs, two strips turkey 'bacon' 355calories
lunch      Spring Mix Salad w/Roma Tomato, one cup sirloin burger soup         185 calories
dinner    Turkey Burger, Spinach salad w/Roma Tomato, potato pancake
              Dole Carrot Ginger Soup                                                                 390 calories


total calories consumed 930 CALORIES

CALORIES BURNED
11AM YMCA ELLIPTICAL MACHINE 50 minutes      700 CALORIES

TOTAL NET CALORIES  230 CALORIES

dinner: Costco Turkey burger, Spinach w/Roma Tomato, Carrot Ginger Soup, potato pancake   390 calories


and one more thing...

Yesterday I did something that I never would have done prior to December 24th.  My daughter, Sara, had a Bat Mitzvah party to attend in downtown Chicago just 1.1 miles from our home.   Normally, we would have taken her by subway, or perhaps by car.  Yesterday, Sara and I walked together to the hotel where the party was, and then I walked back home.  For pickup at 11PM, I walked back to the hotel, and Sara and I walked back together.  That I walked 4 miles yesterday is hardly a big deal. From everything I have read, successful weight loss comes not just from the 30 or 45 minutes spent working out - but emanates from those that 'keep moving.'  People that 'keep moving' are those that purposely park far away from the front door of whatever store they have visited.  People that 'keep moving' are those that take the steps instead of the escalator.  People that 'keep moving' are the kind of people that have successful weight loss.  I am striving to be a person that 'keeps moving.'


Sometimes it is really difficult to obey traffic signs, but when in doubt....KEEP MOVING!



No comments: