Thursday, March 12, 2015

MY STARBUCKS REWARDS

I have decided that Starbucks is going to be a good reliable place to get a quick low calorie, healthy, nutritious breakfast.  This past week, I have stopped at a Starbucks for breakfast on Sunday, Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. There is some irony that I now go to Starbucks so often and I have no desire whatsoever to order coffee.

I joined the Starbucks Reward Loyalty Program.  It allows me to earn 'stars' for some 'freebies.' I downloaded the Starbucks App on my iphone.   This app allows you to enter your credit card number directly into the app and you can pay for your purchase with your phone.  The first time I tried this was on Monday morning.  I am not sure why I find this so convenient, but I do. The app will download an additional $25.00 each time my balance dips below $10.00. I guess instead of seeing countless $4 charges on my credit card statement, I will see one charge for $25 after a bunch of visits. My credit card statement will be slightly less cluttered.

One of the convenient things about using Starbucks as a reliable source of breakfast 'on the road' is that there are Starbucks stores seemingly everywhere.   The Simpsons made this point when Bart Simpsons visited Springfield Mall in an episode a few years back, as you can see in the photos below.   Bart is walking through the mall and passing Starbucks, Starbucks, Starbucks and Starbucks.... Finally, he comes to a store that is announcing their new tenant coming soon - Starbucks!   This is pretty much how it can seem when one is traversing the country visiting cities all over the midwest.   One usually does not have to travel too far to find a Starbucks.




* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

LUNCH: SUBWAY DOUBLE CHICKEN SPINACH SALAD
w/TOMATO & ONION  and KEN'S FAT FREE ITALIAN DRESSING   255 CALORIES

After ordering the salad at Subway, I was asked if I wanted some croutons.   I said yes and I was handed
a package weighing 14 grams that included these 16 croutons which added up to 60 CALORIES!
I DECLINED THE OPPORTUNITY TO ADD THEM TO MY LUNCH , INSTEAD THE CROUTONS
POSED FOR A PICTURE.

Here is the 'nutrition' information on the croutons that I did not  add to my salad.


MENU
breakfast   STARBUCKS reduced fat Turkey Bacon Breakfast Sandwich                        230 calories
lunch         SUBWAY  double chicken spinach salad w/tomato & onion Ken's dressing   220 calories  
dinner        APPLEBEE'S 7 oz Sirloin Steak, cup of Tortilla Soup                                    500 calories 

total calories consumed      965 CALORIES

CALORIES BURNED
7:00AM YMCA elliptical machine 24 minutes     332 calories
five minute break
7:30AM YMCA ellpitcal machine 21 minutes      300 calories

total calories burned    632 CALORIES

TOTAL NET CALORIES     333 CALORIES













No comments: