Sunday, March 8, 2015

BREAKFAST LUNCH and DINNER

On Saturday I was still basking in the afterglow of the knowledge that I had lost another 6.8 lbs in the ninth week of my 'program.'    My program is called the 'Rabbi Hillel Diet' which is not really a program - but more of a philosophy.

My success has come from a 1000 calorie per day diet, combined with daily exercise. Over these past nine weeks, I have been training myself to enjoy portion sizes that are a mere fraction of the volume of food that I have eaten in the past.

Over these past nine weeks, I have not had a single solitary snack. I eat BREAKFAST, LUNCH & DINNER. That is it. When I complete my dinner, I announce (mostly to myself) that I am now 'fasting.'   In fact, I really do 'fast' after dinner, and I break my fast, the next morning when I sit down to eat BREAKFAST.

BREAKFAST,  LUNCH & DINNER -  I  EAT THREE MEALS EACH DAY.
I HAVE NOT HAD A SINGLE SNACK SINCE DECEMBER 23, 2014
During these nine weeks, my alcohol consumption has been limited to two nights.  In both cases, I was at a party. I did not have a chip, a cookie, a piece of cake, or even a mint at either of these parties.  I did however overindulge with SCOTCH WHISKEY.  Hey, I'm only human.  In preparation of each of these two parties, I actually ate even less during the day, so that I would have some calories 'in the bank.'   The second of these two parties was this past Thursday to celebrate Purim.  I (think I) counted 8 shots (one ounce serving) of SCOTCH WHISKEY.  Each shot was 69 calories, so I added 552 calories to my daily intake that day.  Even so, my total consumption was below 1250 calories.
For too many years, I was a regular customer of the vending machines 
in the hotels I stayed when on the road.  I could easily  consume 800+ calories
of candy and/or chips in the space of 10 minutes.

My weight loss has been systematic and regular, practically dropping in a straight line from the December 24, 2014, starting point at 309 lbs.   I am aiming to get into the neighborhood of around 200 lbs (or perhaps even less.)  I chose to be paint a picture with words to describe where I am...I am in a sailboat and I can see the shoreline in the far distance, but I have a cooperative onshore wind at my back.

From where I am now, I can see the 'shoreline'

LOSING WEIGHT IS SIMPLE, IT'S JUST NOT EASY.  The thing is, it has seemed easy for these past nine weeks.  And I promise you, I am not any hungrier during the day than I used to be when I was constantly stuffing my face with all kinds of processed garbage.   I do get hungry at mealtime - and I think that is right about the time that someone is supposed to be hungry.

So, let me once again repeat the philosophy of the 'Rabbi Hillel Diet'

"What is unhealthy for you, do not eat. That is the whole plan; the rest is commentary - go and have lunch!

THE BASIS OF THIS WISDOM IS MORE THAN 2000 YEARS OLD...That is an amazing thing about wisdom.  Wisdom does not have an expiration date.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 


For lunch, I stopped at My Fit Foods to try another one of their prepared meals.   This is how it looks in the container.   I came home spread and spread this out on a plate, added a soup, and I had a most delicious and nutritious lunch.

MY FIT FOODS: Omega Me Crazy Salmon
Ginger glazed Scottish salmon with sugar snap peas and carrots.  340 calories


SATURDAY MENU
breakfast   Sweet Italian Turkey sausage (lean)                                                 160 calories
lunch         MyFitFoods Omega Me Crazy Salmon, Butternut Squash Soup     430 calories
dinner        Bowl of Chicken Soup for the Soul Tortilla Soup, Spinach Salad   319 calories

total calories consumed 909 CALORIES

CALORIES BURNED
elliptical machine    33 minutes     520 CALORIES

SATURDAY NET CALORIES  389 CALORIES


LUNCH:  OMEGA ME CRAZY SALMON, BUTTERNUT SQUASH SOUP  430 CALORIES














No comments: