Wednesday, March 18, 2015

LOOKING LIKE MYSELF

In recent weeks, as I have already lost 69.5 lbs, on the way to a minimum 100 lbs weight loss, I have heard something more frequently.

My cousin, Robin, in Canada commented that I now look much more like my father.
My childhood friend, Stephen, in England commented that I look now like he remembers my Dad.
My neighbor, Rivka, commented that she sees the family resemblance between my daughter and me.

I myself, can look in the mirror and 'see' my Dad staring back at me.


This was my Dad in 2002, at the time he was approximately 75 years old.

This is me, age 57, only 18 years younger than my Dad was in the above photo.  I didn't say we were identical twins...at least we look like we were related!   And even in this picture, at 239 lbs,  I am still approximately 50 lbs heavier than my Dad  was then in the above photograph.  When I was 309 lbs, I resembled Jabba the Hut

Jabba the Hutt (Star Wars)   I do prefer the way I look these days.


I do not believe that it was God's intention that I should walk around looking like Jabba the Hut.

I do believe that I am beginning to look the way that God had originally intended for me.

My eating habits, successfully subverted God's original blueprint for myself - but I am in the middle of reversing that.  AND IT FEELS GREAT!

That 309 lb guy that visited the doctor on December 24th, was not the 'me' that I was supposed to be.

NOW I AM LOOKING LIKE MYSELF.


TUESDAY MENU

breakfast  TRAVELODGE two scrambled eggs with one sausage patty               256 calories
lunch        SUBWAY           double chicken spinach salad w/tomato & onion       220 calories
dinner      APPLEBEE'S     grilled chicken caesar salad (without dressing)          370 calories

total calories consumed   846 CALORIES

CALORIES BURNED
6AM TRAVELODGE ELLIPTICAL MACHINE  40 minutes     553 calories


net calories  293 CALORIES



Travelodge Breakfast: scrambled eggs, one sausage patty
approximately 250 calories
APPLEBEE'S grilled chicken caesar salad (no dressing)  370 calories.
Without the dressing, I promise this still tasted quite delicious and fulfilling.



No comments: