Saturday, March 28, 2015

ONE WEIGH OR ANOTHER

The song, ONE WAY OR ANOTHER was recorded by 'new wave' band, Blondie in 1978 for their album 'Platinum Lines.'   Rolling Stone Magazine has listed the song #298 on the list of all-time greatest songs.   It did make me laugh when my daughter, who was twelve years old at the time, insisted that the song was a 'One Direction' song.


Back on December 24, 2014 when I started my day and headed to the see the doctor for a 'wellness' exam, I weighed 309 lbs.  I was mired in obesity with no plan to escape.  Somehow during my visit, an imaginary switch was switched in my brain, and I decided that one way or another, I was going to change my life and lose weight.   After just two days of cutting out chocolate and fast food - on December 24, 2014 - this blog was born.  I knew then that I was going to plan to lose at least 100 lbs and that I would be successful.   I have not achieved that goal yet, and cannot announce complete success yet today....but I am well on my way.  One way or another,  I am going to lose more than 100 lbs and get into the neighborhood of 195 lbs.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 

233.3 lbs


I weigh 233.3 lbs.
I lost 2.1 lbs this week.
I lost 75.7 lbs in 94 days. Today begins Day 95.
I have lost 10 inches on my waist. 
My 42" waist pants are way too loose, and it almost seems as if I skipped size 40"
I have been squeezing into 38" waist pants this week...they are tight, but I am wearing them.
I will always be at the beginning of a journey that never ends.
I weigh 233.3 lbs. (94 days ago I weighed 309 lbs)
I have lost 24.5% of my weight since Dec 24.
I have lost nearly 1% of my weight since last Saturday!
I have had an another successful week losing 2.1 lbs.
I have a BMI (Body Mass Index) of 31.21 (still Class I obesity)
I had a 42.0 BMI on 12.24.14 just 80 days ago (Class III obesity)
I will LIKELY 'graduate' from Class I obesity into simply 'overweight' within three weeks (224 lbs)
I have two words to describe how I feel right now - very happy.
...I know how to begin this week... 
32 minutes ELLIPTICAL...weight training will have to wait...
...my arms are still sore from earlier this week


FRIDAY MENU


breakfast  2 poached eggs, cup oatmeal, prune, strip turkey bacon, tbsp wheat germ  355 calories
lunch        JASON'S DELI SPICY SEAFOOD GUMBO (BOWL)                              301 calories          
dinner      spinach w/roma tomato, turkey sausage, bowl cabbage soup                       283 calories

TOTAL CALORIES CONSUMED   939 CALORIES

CALORIES BURNED 
7AM Chicago Home elliptical 32 minutes              450 calories

FRIDAY NET CALORIES 489 CALORIES

I have updated the photo that I had been using for linkedin.com




No comments: