Monday, March 23, 2015

THIN PEOPLE ARE NOT LUCKY

As a big fat person, (and I think that when I walking around at 309 lbs I was over qualified for that moniker) I always saw thin people and I thought how lucky they were.  There might be some overweight people that are satisfied and at ease with their weight, but many millions are not.  I would guess that many fat people are at least a little bit jealous of the thin people that they see each day.

Is it really luck that explains why some people are fit and thin?  I know that I used to think that was the case. Surely that was a more emotional thought than a carefully reasoned one. It has recently occurred to me that thin people might be thin because they work at it.

~> I am guessing that thin people probably don't buy a family size box of M&M's at the cineplex and eat the whole thing before the 'coming attractions' finish and the movie begins.

~> I am guessing that thin people think there just might be more than one serving size in a pint container of Ben & Jerry's Ice Cream.

~> I am guessing that even in the case where a thin person might actually go to a McDonalds or Burger King to eat a less than completely healthy meal - they don't augment it with a chocolate milkshake.

~> I am guessing that even if a thin person were to go to Costco to have a slice of pizza - they probably don't sample every single food at every single sampling station before they eat, sometimes more than once.

~> I am guessing that thin people might exercise more once per year.

~> I am guessing that thin people can enjoy a home-cooked meal without reaching for a second helping, or even a third helping.

~> I am guessing that thin people can actually stop at a gas station to fill their tank and use the rest room and manage not to buy two chocolate bars just because they walked past the candy aisle.

~> I am guessing that a thin person might enjoy a sweet snack from time to time - but does not need to have one every single night without fail (and sometimes more than once per evening)

~> I am guessing that a thin person might see the lack of wisdom in eating a high calorie snack, or any snack, 15 minutes before going to sleep at midnight.

~>I am guessing that a thin person knows to try to mostly avoid a thick rich creamy soup,  and if they do get such a soup, they probably don't get it in a bread bowl, and if they do get a soup in a bread bowl, they probably don't eat the entire bowl.

~> I am guessing that you have figured out that the above 'guesses' describe me as I was on the morning  of December 24th when I awoke and headed to the doctor's office for a 'wellness' exam.  By the time I returned home - I was no longer that person.  It is as if I 'flipped a switch' in my head.  I must insure that that switch is never be flipped back.

Thin people are not lucky.
Thin people make good decisions.



Pretty soon, people will look at me and (wrongly) think to themselves: 
'Wow, look at that guy, he's lucky he's so thin.'
They will be correct in assessing that I am thin.
They will be incorrect in assessing that I am lucky.
Luck will have had very little to do with it.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 

SUNDAY MENU
breakfast  two poached eggs, cup oatmeal w/prune, two strips turkey 'bacon'    355 calories
lunch       spring mix salad w/tomato, turkey sausage, cabbage soup                  283 calories
dinner      spinach salad w/chicken & tomato, cabbage soup                               253 calories

total calories consumed    891 calories

CALORIE BURNED
2PM elliptical machine 36 minutes     570 calories

TOTAL NET    321 CALORIES


dinner: spinach salad w/chunk chicken & tomato, cabbage soup  253 calories 



No comments: