Thursday, March 26, 2015

CHILEAN SEA BASS

Yesterday I was invited back to visit a customer of who buys fabrics, trims and buttons from me.  I met them for the first time just five weeks ago.  I had told them back in February that I had recently lost 40 lbs.   This time, they did more than invite me back to their home for me to show them the various lines that I carry.  This time they invited me back for dinner.  It is a very high compliment for a salesman to be invited to share a homemade dinner with a customer.   This invitation to dinner came when my when my weight loss has now reached 70 lbs.  I had some trepidation about being a dinner guest as I did not want my aggressive low calorie daily intake to be sidetracked.  I agreed to be their dinner guest as long as they would be not be offended if I didn't eat too much.  I am not presumptuous enough to tell a host what I can or can not eat.  My friends, Kerri and Aaron prepared a feast of good tasting, healthy, low calorie foods.   It was the first gourmet meal that I have eaten since my weight loss journey began on December 24, 2014. The main attraction was Chilean Sea Bass, served with cauliflower, asparagus, beet slice and Quinoa.  I sampled everything.  I have conservatively estimated that the entire feast was approximately 400 calories.  It was an absolutely fabulous dinner!  Thank you,  Kerri and especially Aaron who did the cooking while Kerri was busy buying fabrics, buttons and trims.  What a great meal!

Chilean Sea Bass dinner - approximately 400 calories
WEDNESDAY MENU


breakfast   two poached eggs, cup oatmeal w/prune, two strips turkey 'bacon'         355 calories
lunch         spinach salad w/roma tomato                                                                      30 calories
dinner        Chilean Sea Bass, cauliflower, beet, Quinoa, fresh asparagus                 400 calories

TOTAL CALORIC INTAKE   785 CALORIES

CALORIES BURNED
ELLIPTICAL MACHINE 20 MINUTES 233 CALORIES
40 MINUTES STRENGH TRAINING, 10 REPS, THREE TIMES ON THE MACHINES DEPICTED BELOW.   Each setting was set to 50 lbs.   Some of the reps were much harder to do that others.... It was my very first 'strength training' workout.    There is not an easy way to figure out how many calories were expended doing 'strength training.'   I will arbitrarily assign 100 calories for the session.

TOTAL NET CALORIES   452 CALORIES
 





No comments: