Thursday, April 23, 2015

THE COOLER SOLUTION

How does one enjoy a spinach salad purchased at the store if one wants to add some favorite salad dressing while one is 'on the road?'   One solution would be to find pre-packaged dressings that don't need to be refrigerated.  What if the favorite dressing only comes in a bottle that does need to be refrigerated?  There is the cooler solution.  It's seems hard to believe that as a 'road warrior' who has spent 20+ years bouncing around from hotel to hotel that it never occurred to me to get a cooler.  Well, it did occur to me on Monday. Now I am the proud owner of a 28 Quart, IGLOO brand cooler on wheels.


I can now travel with salads, salad dressing and cold drinks.  I believe that my road experience will be vastly improved by this addition.   I also believe that I will be able to save some money by shopping much more at supermarkets when traveling.   I am looking forward to utilizing this cooler.  Hard to believe that I had never considered such an investment in the past.   I guess when one can stop at any Burger King, McDonald's, White Castle, at will - there is no reason to plan ahead with one's meals.   Everything is different now.  My lifestyle is much HEALTHIER and starting this week, my lifestyle is much COOLER!

WEDNESDAY MENU

breakfast Days Inn two egg omelette w/Chedar, one apple                                             330 calories
lunch       JIMMY JOHNS BOOTLEGGER UNWICH, one deli pickle                         250 calories
dinner     3 oz Angus Sirloin, spinach w/9 cherry tomato, tortilla soup, potato pancake 430 calories

total calories consumed 1010 CALORIES

calories burned
8AM JACKSONVILL, ILLINOIS YMCA elliptical machine 35 minutes 460 calories

WEDNESDAY NET CALORIES  550 CALORIES

No comments: