Wednesday, April 15, 2015

JAMES BOND 007

Sean Connery, as James Bond, secret agent 007, saved the day by diffusing a time bomb inside of Fort Knox in the 1965 movie, GOLDFINGER.   I have also recently diffused a time bomb.  In my case, I was the time bomb - perhaps ready to 'go off' at any moment.





It's never easy to diffuse a time bomb.  Compared to the the obstacles faced by Sean Connery as  James Bond in GOLDFINGER, one might argue that my task of diffusing the time bomb that was me was far easier. I didn't have to defeat a super-strong, golf-ball crushing, mute Korean named OddJob!   I only had to defeat my own deeply entrenched poor habits.



Since I am no longer obese...I no longer must deal with...
25% increased likelihood of becoming depressed
200% increased likelihood of contracting multiple sclerosis
33% increased likelihood of contracting asthma
50% increased likelihood of developing diabetes,
10% increased likelihood of contracting cancer
150% increased likelihood of suffering from high blood pressure
104% increased likelihood of experiencing heart failure
or
30% increased likelihood of succumbing to dementia.

Any of these unpleasant things can still occur... but I have tipped the scales a little bit in my favor against them happening to me.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
TUESDAY MENU

breakfast   two hard-boiled eggs, one apple                                                     156 calories
lunch         SUBWAY double chicken spinach salad w/tomato                        220 calories
dinner       JIMMY JOHN'S bootlegger UNWICH, Campbell's tortilla soup  490 calories

total calories consumed   1026 calories

calories burned
ANN ARBOR YMCA ELLIPTICAL 8AM 40 minutes   523 calories

TUESDAY NET CALORIES 503 CALORIES
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~


USA. USA. USA.  WE'RE NUMBER 1!
In this case, nothing to be proud of...

I used to be the guy on the extreme right.... now, I am the second guy from the left.
AND IT FEELS REAL GOOD!


I noticed yesterday when I visited a JIMMY JOHN'S  in Ann Arbor, Michigan that this particular
restaurant is rather adamant that folks stay out of their parking lot unless they are a customer!

No comments: