Thursday, April 16, 2015

KEEP YOURSELF ALIVE


QUEEN.  Freddie Mercury. Brian May. Roger Taylor. John Deacon.  What a great band! EVERYONE knows them for some of the HUGE HITS: We Will Rock You, We Are The Champions, Bohemian Rhapsody, Crazy Little Thing Called Love, Another One Bites the Dust. QUEEN was much more than that. They were a great sounding band right out of the gate with their first release in 1973.  Queen.  The song, Keep Yourself Alive, sounds as good today as it ever did. The lyrics start like this...


I was told a million times
Of all the troubles in my way
How I had to keep on trying
And get better every day
But if I crossed a million rivers
And I rode a million miles
Then I'd still be where I started
Bread and butter for a smile


KEEP YOURSELF ALIVE - QUEEN 1973

I was told a million times that I should take better care of my health.  I was told by my wife, my brother, my mother and my father,  I was told through reports in the media and I was told by myself. For the longest time, I did not listen (or if I did listen - I did not act)  I think I know why. Pure laziness.  Pure inertia.  It takes effort to change a lifestyle.  It takes no effort to continue all the bad habits that one is engaged in. It takes no effort to eat cake, candy, cookies and ice-cream.  It takes no effort to sit on a couch and watch TV endlessly.  It takes no effort to refrain from exercise.  Things that take no effort, bring results that are indicative of the lack of effort.  That amazing thing about losing nearly 90 lbs in a little over 3 months time - is that while it took some effort, it did not take some kind of super-extraordinary effort.  I am convinced that anyone can do this. And yet, for eight years while I roamed in the obesity wilderness, this belief eluded me.  It appears that no one was able to reach me until I found the ability to reach myself.  I am glad that I finally did.  You can too.  The formula is simple, although it is not easy.  It is also not impossibly difficult either. Cliches are cliches because they are true. A weight loss journey truly begins with one step - the decision to make smart choices today - at your next meal.




WEDNESDAY MENU

breakfast   two hard-boiled eggs, one apple                                                              236 calories
lunch         Jimmy John's Bootlegger UNWICH                                                       230 calories
dinner       PANERA BREAD Asiago Steak 1/2 sandwich, Caesar Salad 1/2, Apple 640 calories

total caloric consumption 1106 calories

CALORIES BURNED
Ann Arbor Elliptical 7AM 40 minutes 517 calories

WEDNESDAY NET CALORIES 589 CALORIES
PANERA BREAD: HALF CAESAR SALAD (no dressing) 160  CALORIES

PANERA BREAD: HALF SANDWICH ASIAGO STEAK 400 CALORIES


QUEEN - SIMPSONS STYLE






2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mark, glad to see you keep your project going. Miss seeing you. Yehuda Meir your friend

Marc Jacobs said...

Hello Yehuda! It is good to hear from you! I've also missed spending a little more time with my wonderfiul Chabadnik friends! I also have been traveling lots more than usual - but I promise to make an appearance before too much more time passes. Meir Marc Jacobs