Sunday, April 5, 2015

PASSOVER - EXODUS FROM MITZRAYIM

Friday night was the first night of Passover.  Most people know that Passover (Pesach) is a holiday that commemorates the exodus of the Jewish People from slavery in Egypt (Mitzrayim).   The story was depicted in the famous Cecil B. DeMille 1956 movie, The Ten Commandments, starring Charlton Heston as Moses.


My Rabbi at the Chabad House that I frequent has explained that among the things that make this 3000 year old story as relevant today as it ever was - is that many of us need to escape from slavery.  Some of us may be slaves to fashion, or money, drugs, or as in my case....I was a slave to a voracious appetite for unhealthy foods.   For the past 3+ months, I have been escaping from Mitzrayim.  No longer a slave.  I am free.  And it feels real good!  Chag Sameach.  (Joyous Festival, Happy Passover)

SATURDAY MENU

breakfast   one round Shmurah Matzo                                                                            120 calories
lunch         My Fit Foods Korean BBQ Tenderloin, spinach salad, 12 cherry tomatoes 447 calories
dinner       spinach salad, 12 cherry tomato, Panera Chicken Tortilla Soup bowl, matzo 497 calories

total calories consumed 1064 calories

CALORIES BURNED
2PM elliptical 32 minutes   485 calories

SATURDAY NET CALORIES     579 NET CALORIES


From the chabad.org website: 

Shmurah matzot are round, kneaded and shaped by hand, and are similar to the matzot that were baked by the Children of Israel as they left Egypt. 

My Chabad Rabbi introduced me to Shmurah Matzo three years ago.
I had never seen such Matzo before, or even heard of it.
The Matzo is watched (guarded) through each step of production.






              

No comments: