Monday, April 6, 2015

HARRY'S RAZORS

As I have shed the pounds, I can confess that I have increasingly enjoyed my reflection staring back at me in the mirror (when I was 309 lbs the reflection was not quite as appealing) Recently I have been seeking new ways to pamper myself in small ways that never seemed important before.  I have long been a sucker for the latest innovations in shaving brought to market by Gillette. I went from one blade to two blades, eventually to five blades, eventually to battery powered, and just three weeks ago, I upgraded again to Gillette's newest razor with all the bells and whistles:

FUSION® PROGLIDE® MANUAL RAZOR WITH FLEXBALL TECHNOLOGY (five-bladed, battery powered, swivel razor)

I no longer use the Gillette.

I use Harry's.

Could the packaging be any simpler?

Two weeks when I visited my new friends, Kerri and Aaron to sell them some buttons, fabrics & trims, I was invited to share a gourmet dinner which I discussed at the time. As if my hosts had not done enough - Aaron was touting some new razor with the amazingly unassuming name: Harry's.  He gave me a razor so I could sample it. I finally got around to trying this razor after a week. My shave was great!   I love the simplicity of this blade. I like the way the handle feels.  And best of all, the blades do not cost a small fortune.
Another selfie?  What can I say? I love blogging.
I went for for these blades, hook, line and sinker.   I returned the Gillette Fusion Proglide pack of 8 cartridges which I had purchased for an astounding $34.97.  I went to the Harry's website and purchased  'The Winston Set' for $25.00 and 16 extra blades for an equally astounding $25.00 which included free shipping.  I even earned a 10% discount on the order as my wife heard an ad for Harry's on the radio today. My entire order was just $45.00.  I am a Harry's man!

SUNDAY MENU

breakfast  Shmurah Matzo, two scrambled eggs, 2 slices turkey 'bacon'               310 calories
lunch        MyFitFoods Cast-Iron Salmon 1/2 pkg, spinach, 12 cherry tomatoes  277 calories
dinner       MyFitFoods Cast-Iron Salmon 1/2 pkg, spinach, 12 cherry tomatoes
                 1 cup Panera Low-Fat Chicken Tortilla Soup                                        407 calories

total caloric consumption   994 calories

elliptical 32 minutes     498 calories

SUNDAY NET CALORIES  508 CALORIES

The brand-name is so seemingly unhip - it's extraordinarily hip!


No comments: