Saturday, April 25, 2015

ANOTHER WEIGH TO DIE

Another Way to Die is the theme song from the second Daniel Craig James Bond film, Quantum of Solace.   The song was written by Jack White and Alicia Keys and sung by Alicia Keys.  I am a fan of virtually all James Bond music.  Some of the original John Barry compositions, from the Sean Connery films are among my most favorite music across any genre.  Virtually every James Bond Movie Theme song is great.  Only one, is horrible - and that is the one that Madonna recorded in 2002 for Die Another Day.

Another Way to Die - Quantum of Solace
Life is precious.  We should all thank God, for every day that comes and goes without anything bad happening to us.  I am guilty of forgetting to do this, as it is so easy to take good things for granted. Walking around 100 pounds overweight - surely is tempting fate with ANOTHER WAY TO DIE.  It is truly suicidal. A person like me, so overweight, is broadcasting to the world and more importantly to themselves - that they have given up on living a fulfilling life.  Of course, this is difficult to write, and difficult to admit - as I am describing myself for about 98% of my adult life. I don't think that I was really suicidal in my thoughts - but I was in my actions. Thoughts don't matter. Only actions matter.  My actions going forward are to choose life. I chose to live an active life. Weight gain cannot simply happen to me - I will control my weight. I am the Captain of my own future.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
This is a photograph of my scale this morning.
I stepped on an off the scale ten times - to ensure that this reading was real.
NO SPECIAL EFFECTS WERE USED!


I weigh 213.9 lbs.
I lost 5.8 lbs this week.
I lost 95.1 lbs in 122 days. Today begins Day 123.
I averaged .78 lbs lost/day since Dec 24, 2014.
I have lost nearly 14 inches on my waist. 
I just ordered 36" waist pants online - I believe they will fit!
I  have lost 2" from my neck - I can wear 16" neck dress shirts.
I will always be at the beginning of a journey that never ends.
I weigh 213.9 lbs. (122 days ago I weighed 309 lbs)
I have lost 30.8% of my weight since Dec 24.
I have lost 2.6% of my weight since last Saturday.
I have had an amazingly wildly successful week losing 5.8 lbs.
I have a BMI, body mass index of 28.61 (far away from obesity!)
I had a 42.0 BMI on 12.24.14 just 115 days ago (Class III obesity)
I wonder about achieving a 'normal weight' - the charts say 186.8 lbs - I'm not too sure about that...
I know this, regardless of what the BMI charts show - Marc Jacobs is no longer a fat man!
I have one word to describe how I feel right now - euphoric
...I know how to begin this week... 
32 minutes ELLIPTICAL

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 


FRIDAY MENU

breakfast  two poached eggs, oat meal w/prune, two slices turkey 'bacon'               355 calories
lunch        50/50 Mixed Salad w/hearts of palm, 8 cherry tomatoes, mushrooms
                 salmon burger, 4 baby Dill pickles, Miso Soup                                        244 calories
dinner       50/50 Mixed Salad w/hearts of palm, 8 cherry tomatoes, muchrooms
                 8 OUNCES AHI TUNA STEAK, 4 oz SEAWEED SALAD
                 2 baby Dill pickles, one cup MISO SOUP                                                398 calories

TOTAL CALORIC CONSUMPTION 997 CALORIES

calories burned
2:30PM elliptical 32 minutes 460 calories

FRIDAY NET CALORIES 537 CALORIES
   

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

My lunch yesterday was amazing.  It was a veritable calorie counters feast.  Yesterday I purchased some HEARTS OF PALMS (20 calories)  and WHITE BUTTON MUSHROOMS (three mushrooms 9 calories!) in order to add some extra ingredients to my salad.   In addition, for the first time I finally found a MISO SOUP MIX which was thoroughly enjoyable and only 45 calories for one cup.  I also purchased BABY DILL PICKLES to add another component to my meals.  TWO BABY PICKLES contain a grand total of 5 CALORIES!  It was a weird sensation to leave the table feeling stuffed.  And yet, the entire caloric content of this lunch could have easily been matched by one Hershey Chocolate Bar.  I am fairly certain that my lunch was a bit more nutritious.

LUNCH: Mixed Green Salad w/hearts of palm, tomatoes, mushroom.  CUP OF MISO SOUP.
SALMON BURGER w/four baby Dill Pickles
244 CALORIES


There is no better way to follow an amazing lunch than with an even more amazing dinner.  Dinner involved a special treat: AHI TUNA STEAK (8 ounces)   This was augmented by something else I purchased for the first time, SEAWEED SALAD.   I added the same salad from lunch and Miso Soup and this feast shown below was only 398 calories (even with those two pickles)

DINNER: It's hard to believe that this feast was less than 400 calories


No comments: