Friday, April 24, 2015

PERSONAL 30 YEAR DROUGHT WILL OFFICIALLY END TOMORROW

Tomorrow, for my customary Saturday weigh-in, I will be comfortably under 220 pounds.  The last time that my weight was in the 'two hundred teens' was during the Reagan Administration.  I can recall that the last time that I dipped below 220 lbs, I continued all the way to 199 lbs and that was way back around 1985.  I remained at 199 lbs for 'about five minutes.'  It has been thirty years since my weight was south of 220 lbs.  I am going to be very happy to this streak end.


Three times in my life I have lost some significant weight.  I don't think of myself as a YO-YO dieter as my three weight loss trips have been separated by such extreme long periods of time.  Perhaps, I can be labeled as a Yo-Yo dieter based on the fact that this is the third time in my life I have lost lots of weight.  Nevertheless, I am hoping to make this my final trip from fat to thin. 



In 1985, about a decade after graduating form high school, I had ballooned up to 250 pounds, and sometime during that year I dropped 51 pounds and reached 199 pounds although it was a brief visit.  I remember that I remained at 199 lbs for just a few days.


In the Spring of 2007 before my 13 year old daughter started Kindergarten I had ballooned all the way up to 300 pounds.  For only the second time in my life, I made some changes and watched my weight decline all the way to 220 lbs before whatever willpower allowed me to get there - simply vanished.  I was 220 pounds for a few weeks before the long march back to 300 pounds and beyond.


Currently, I am in the middle of my third (and hopefully final) giant weight loss journey.  This journey began on December 24, 2014 when I visited my doctor for 'wellness exam' and 'discovered' that my weight had exploded all the way to 309 lbs.  Since, that date, and through last Saturday, I have shed 89 lbs. I expect that tomorrow, when I step onto my scale I will be where I have not been for thirty years.

It is my belief that the last time that I was under 199 pounds might be sometime when I was a Freshman in college in 1976.   My goal has been to comfortably duck under 200 lbs and if/when I am successful getting there - it will be the first time that I am comfortably under 200 lbs in 40 years. That is really a streak that I am looking forward to ending!

Since I easily remembered losing 80 pounds in 2007 that I felt sure that I could do it again once my willpower ended its near decade-long hibernation.  This time things will be different.  I started this journey with a rudimentary plan to lose the weight and then maintain the weight loss.

Today is Friday morning, time for one more day on the self-named, Rabbi Hillel Diet/Lifestyle before my weekly weigh-in tomorrow.  Each week, I look forward to the Saturday weigh-in with great anticipation - and tomorrow - will be especially meaningful to me.  See you tomorrow!

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 
THURSDAY MENU
breakfast oatmeal w/prune, two poached eggs, two slices turkey 'bacon'                          355 calories
lunch       spinach salad, with chicken and cherry tomatoes
                JIMMY JOHN'S TURKEY TOM UNWICH, one deli pickle                           315 calories
dinner     salmon burger, spinach salad w/9 cherry tomato, cup Tortilla Soup                   308 calories

total calorie consumed  978 CALORIES

calories burned
7AM elliptical 32 minutes 451 calories

THURSDAY NET CALORIES 527 CALORIES


No comments: